relax

Author Topic: Community Supported Agriculture? - Support a GREEN Candidate for City Council!  (Read 1727 times)

Offline JRastorian

• Tourist
Hey Folks,
If community supported agriculture is something that's important to you, then PLEASE VOTE IN THE CITY COUNCIL ELECTION THIS TUESDAY!!  It's super important that the entire Astorian Community gets out and votes on Tuesday, Nov 3rd.  We've got a choice between the incumbent who has done little to support green initiatives and community agriculture, and the Green Party challenger, Lynne Serpe, whose platform is based on the concept of a green, sustainable community.  But don't let her opponent's negative campaign literature fool you, she's strong on many other issues as well, including community safety and safe streets.  Check out http://www.SerpeforCouncil.com and vote for Lynne this Tuesday!

Offline LHT

• Mayor
She was at the Astoria Blvd station this morning handing out literature & talking to people. 

Offline Mer

• Mayor
She was at the Astoria Blvd station this morning handing out literature & talking to people. 

Vallone was at the Broadway station.  I have to say, he seemed rather aloof just standing there sipping his coffee while his campaign worker was doing the work.  I got a stiff nod from him and that was it. 

To me, it looked like a guy who seemed very secure in his position and was only there for appearance sake.   

That said, I've been reviewing both Vallone's and Serpe's positions and I still don't know who I'm going to vote for tomorrow.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
They're both good people - but I think Peter is the clear choice based on his record.  Once you get past the rougher exterior, he's very friendly.  He is not your typical glad-handing politician, and I think it actually is refreshing.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life