relax

Author Topic: image sizes & duplicate messages  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Alison

• Senator
image sizes & duplicate messages
« on: October 31, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
Hi guys. Two suggestions/comments about the board:

1) I tried to post an image, and when I hit post, it said the biggest size I could do was 50K. (I think my image was something like 70K.) So this is me asking that the 50K limit be raised a bit (although, I'm not sure how much this would affect bandwidth usage or allow for obnoxiously huge images, yada yada yada. So, overall, not the biggest deal.)

So, I resized my image, and went to repost (it had never actually posted because of the image size thing), and something else happened! Which leads me to suggestion/comment number 2.

2) When I went to post my message with the smaller image attached, it said I couldn't because I had already posted that message. But it never actually went live because of the image size thing, so it still exists only in my mind. So, there's a small bug that's probably only happened to me that you might want to look at.

(I think #2 is especially funny because I was writing about windshield flyers - there is a thread in August about it - and today I had one from Synergy cement itself to my windshield. So I took a photo and was going to email Synergy. But the contact form on their website isn't working. So I was like, "eh...I can put the message on Astorians! Maybe they'll see it that way!" but then astorians.com wouldn't let me post it because it thought I was trying to spam. I briefly considered sending an actual paper letter, but I don't want them to have my address because I get enough junk mail as it is. So I'm thinking I should just give up on trying to communicate with anyone online for the rest of the evening :) )
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Offline daisy

• President
Re: image sizes & duplicate messages
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2009, 05:22:31 PM »
Yeah, I've run into that problem before.  It might be a limitation with the server or the software, but I'd have to find out for you.  I know there is a way to post nice full size images using Flickr and image links, but I'm not sure how.  I bet someone here can let you know how.

Offline Alison

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2009, 06:56:13 PM »
Yeah, I know how to post images that are hosted somewhere else (flickr, my own domain, photobucket, whatever). But I didn't want to post it elsewhere, thinking that it's just another step. But now here I am 27 steps later just talking about it :) Ha! Oh well.

Also I am still looking to where I can buy a blade to scrape this paper off my windshield. Otherwise I'm driving to Manhasset with a 4-inch square of postcard cemented to my driver's side windshield. Yikes!
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Offline merm

• Administrator
  • Governor
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 05:45:53 PM »
Hi Alison,

I'll raise the limit a bit, I agree this is a little too small.

As to number two unfortunately it's a bug within the underlying SMF software itself and difficult for me to correct. There's a new version of SMF though in testing that should fix this bug. I'm going to upgrade as soon as it's proven a stable release.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life