relax

Author Topic: Female Distance Runners -- looking for a running partner  (Read 2270 times)

Offline kem2127

• Resident
Female Distance Runners -- looking for a running partner
« on: August 08, 2009, 09:04:02 PM »
I'm 25/f looking for some other runners in Astoria. I see you out at the park and by the water but it'd be creepy to approach you and say that I'm looking for a running partner (which I am). Nothing too serious but please be able to run at least 3 miles at a 9:30 minute pace or faster. I consider running a hobby and therefore looking for someone who enjoys it not just for staying in shape but also as a social activity.

Thanks!

Offline Christine

• Governor
Re: Female Distance Runners -- looking for a running partner
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2009, 11:37:06 PM »
Just got back from a nice night run in the park, but one lap around the park = almost 15min for me! I usually do 4 laps (not often enough.)

If you see a brunette ponytailed runner going about half your speed, feel free to say hi!
"Apparently these are the best women Queens has to offer. Now pick one and let's go home."

Offline J Roscoe

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2009, 08:34:11 AM »
I am trying to get back into running shape and probably can't work at your pace just yet.  I hang around the 10-11 min. mark.  After a few years of being inactive and recently quitting smoking, I'm having to make up for lost time, but for me, part of having a partner is to help push each other.  If you're ok with having to be a bit motivational at first and running with a guy, then feel free to contact me.  I'm usually available any evening and/or weekend for runs.  Right now I run about 3 miles at work on the trails we have + at home, I run to the park and do 4 laps around the track before running back home.

Have fun, and hope you find a partner.

Justin
"As you swim the river of life, do the breaststroke.  It helps clear the turds from your path."

-George Carlin (rip)

Offline khackett

• Tourist
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 06:23:38 PM »
hi -

i recently moved to astoria and have been running solo, but would love a comprable partner.  i usually run about 3-4 mi at a 8:30-9 min pace depending on the day.  let me know if u are still looking :-)

Offline DancNspin

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 05:16:34 PM »
Hey I'm looking for a running partner as well!  I'm around 10 min. pace, but am very self-competitive and so tend to run faster with other people, esp. those faster than me.  What hours/days are you available to run?  If we're looking for the same times, we could do a test run and see how it is  :-)

Offline clarissa

• Tourist
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 09:09:01 PM »
Hi I'll be moving to Astoria next month.  Been training for a 1/2 marathon at a slow pace 13-15 min mile.  Normal runs are about 3-4 miles with one long run per week.  Looking forward to seeing other runners out. Is there an organized meed up?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life