relax

Author Topic: Roller Hockey Pickup Games in Astoria  (Read 14216 times)

Offline thanos27

• Senator
Re: Roller Hockey Pickup Games in Astoria
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2010, 02:05:44 AM »
Im guessing someone thinks that someone else or elses ??? (is that correct english ? I dont have enough degrees to know exactly )  here are all greek and hate mexicans all of a sudden .  Since the Mexicans have infested this hockey rink ,  the <<greeks >> who are selling their over inflated houses .... which are still selling , so inflated or not  you make the money fair and square , are about to head to the motherland to chill by the ocean and laugh about the days they played hockey in a pre-infested rink in dutch kills queens .

Hope the ocean isnt infested with sharks

Are sharks considered insects ?   Hope they dont find that racist

Offline fishbulb

• Activist
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2010, 12:39:40 PM »
so, I am ready for some pick up hockey, I would ask the Mexicans to join.  I know the UNAM had a hockey team.

I say we infest that place with hockey players.

Offline juniperparkrollerhockey

• Tourist
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2012, 08:28:49 PM »
hey are you looking for any competition? I got some guys in middle village and were looking for some teams to play. We have a rink down in juniper valley park. If you want to have a game of 8 on 8 (4 men on with shifts) and a goalie just  email me at vaporgoalie35@yahoo.com.

Offline SScholder1

• Resident Visa
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 03:51:39 AM »
bump

Does anyone play ever? Curious if there's a way to play a little.

Offline m4tuna

• Tourist
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 12:08:58 AM »
bump

Does anyone play ever? Curious if there's a way to play a little.

Just started playing this week with two-three other guys; skating and shooting around into a cone at Dutch Kills Playground's roller rink on weeknights. We are getting back in shape (beer) and would like to start playing with some more people who are looking to do the same and to play some friendly no - light contact stuff pick up. We're gonna be there for at least a 2v2 on Saturday morning, so if anyone is interested, come by - we'd love to have more. Feel free to message or email me for more info.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 12:35:47 AM »
Any goalies ?

Offline m4tuna

• Tourist
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 04:57:20 PM »
Any goalies ?

Not in our crew, no. We don't have nets for goalies to block anyhoo.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 05:12:26 PM »
Y don't u guys get nets or make them out of pvc , then u might get more people  to play. U can't play with no goalies

Offline m4tuna

• Tourist
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2014, 12:15:03 PM »
Y don't u guys get nets or make them out of pvc , then u might get more people  to play. U can't play with no goalies

I don't have room in my apartment to store a net - and neither do the other guys I play with.

Also, with that attitude, you shouldn't come play. We enjoy the sport in any capacity and are down to pass and shoot into a cone in lieu of having nets. If anyone has a net to bring, great, we'd love to shoot on net with goalies and the whole 9 yards, but that's not stopping us from playing the sport we love.

We'll be out there tomorrow morning around 1030 for some pick up if anyone's interested.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2014, 01:43:42 PM »
Dude I don't have an attitude but passing the puck around isn't playing the sport you love . I love the sport so much I made nets in my youth and you could  take them apart to store when u not in use . Sorry u didn't like the suggestion but when I was younger
  someone suggested the same exact thing to me and I did it

Offline Danm528

• Resident Visa
« Reply #55 on: August 19, 2014, 08:03:27 AM »
Is this still a thing? Is anyone playing pick up hockey at all?

Thanks

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life