relax

Author Topic: Roller Hockey Pickup Games in Astoria  (Read 13689 times)

Offline thanos27

• Senator
Re: Roller Hockey Pickup Games in Astoria
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2010, 12:14:15 AM »
I actually pass the rink in bayside all the time and i never see anyone skating but i did go by the rink in whitestone right over exit 20  and theres a park there right off the service road that has a nice rink with nets . During the winter time before it go to cold  there was alot of people playing hockey and skating around .   Now that the weather is changing again (thank god )  im gonna head down there and see whats up . I know tues and wed nights around 7pm is when they started . They have great lights there too .

Offline tools

• Tourist
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2010, 10:25:20 AM »
Hey guys-
Just moved here from jersey and with the weather getting warmer, i'd love to find a good pickup game.
Any suggestions?

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2010, 12:31:49 PM »
do u have a car ?

Offline tools

• Tourist
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2010, 12:50:32 PM »
no, but i have a truck  :-D

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2010, 01:25:31 AM »
even better , more room for the equipment

rg

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 12:11:12 PM »
There is a group on facebook called Astoria Hockey where guys send messages when they are looking to play. 

Offline fishbulb

• Activist
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2010, 12:02:27 PM »
I sent a request to join that group and I am still waiting for a reply.

rg

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 12:27:42 PM »
I don't know what your name is, but there are no pending member requests for the group.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
i just joined it too but it seems its kind of a dead group  . NO one seems to be active

Offline FrankP

• Tourist
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2010, 11:57:54 PM »
Hello all -

Anyone interested in playing in some friendly PU roller hockey games in Astoria, please email me: tmcgonagle19@yahoo.com

I've been rounding up people on the streets (stopping strangers who are carrying hockey gear) and we've got a few people now - all we need is a few more to have a decent, hopefully consistent number.  If you're aware of any already existing PU games, please share as well.

Thanks!

Hey man, I grew up in Astoria and started playing at the cheese box in the mid 90's. I'm sure you know where that is, anyway I play net and still have all my gear so  would be down to play. I know my brother would be down also, he plays roller in LI but has been looking for some games in the area. I know possibly 2 more people who would play as well. Are you looking to do something early during the weekends? I know the rink has gone to crud, unfortunately, but there are a couple of places we could still play. I live on 38th st and 20th rd, but the park here is used for a soccer league during the weekends. There is a rink in Whitestone that we could possibly carpool (I have a access to a car) to, that has nets available and a decent amount of people show up there, from what my other two friends have told me. I am excited that someone is interested in playing as I have been  very anxious to play for a while now, especially here in Astoria. My email is frankp1282@gmail.com, I will hit you up or vice versa but I would really like to make something happen soon as the weather is perfect for some roller. We just need a location or possibly some people to pool in for a net?

rg

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2010, 08:47:37 AM »
The facebook group is not very active, but when someone wants to get a game they will post.  Dudes are just older have more going on now.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2010, 08:57:34 AM »
During the winter time before it got too cold , i played a handfull of times at the whitestone rink  right off  20th ave / We usually played tues and wed nights at around 7pm , and we had 2 goalies and abt 15 guys . The lights also were great , so no problem playing after the sun went down . Seems no one plays in astoria anymore :(

Offline negtive

• Resident
    • http://erikfrick.com
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2010, 01:03:04 PM »
I'd be down for some weekend pick up games, maybe a night during the week.  I've got my own set of gear (forward/def, not goaltender) and am pretty close to the Dutch Kills rink that's on 28th Street and 36th Ave.  No car access though.

I also put in a request for the FB group, we'll see what happens.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2010, 03:56:13 PM »
Dutch Kills rink has no nets  ,  and its infested with Mexican volley ball players .  Plus they destroyed some of the boards also .

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2010, 04:21:54 PM »
Dutch Kills rink has no nets  ,  and its infested with Mexican volley ball players .  Plus they destroyed some of the boards also .
OMG! I recognize that English is your second language, but the word 'infested' refers to insects or animals. Please be careful because you sound like a racist and that can be very provocative on this forum.
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life