relax

Author Topic: Astoria's newest CSA - looking to split a vegetable share  (Read 1642 times)

Offline elenacoln

• Resident
Astoria's newest CSA - looking to split a vegetable share
« on: March 11, 2009, 12:31:50 PM »
Hello, it looks like we have another great CSA program in Astoria! I am looking for a vegetable share partner ( to alternate weeks, not rtying to split every single bunch of radishes in half every week). Please check their web site - WWW.HARVESTASTORIA.COM - for the exact prices. If i am not mistaken, it is $300 for 22 weeks of organic vegetables, the admin fee is included, and no volunteering is required (or at least i didn't find any mention of it anywhere). I am planning to attend the meeting on March 15 at 11 at the Church of the Redeemer. Please email me at eviaffa@yahoo.com if interested.

I will also consider splitting a fruit share and perhaps a dozen eggs on occasion.

Thanks!

Offline rmd

• Resident Visa
Re: Astoria's newest CSA - looking to split a vegetable share
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »
Hi elenacoln,

Thanks for setting this up for us... you beat us to it :)  We do expect there to be a good turn-out this Sunday, so I think people who are looking to split shares will have a good chance of getting paired up.  That said, it is good to have a share partner in mind before you come, if possible!

We are not officially organizing partners, but we are trying to direct people to each other when we can and will try to facilitate pairing this sunday!

Just a few clarifications (we apologize - our website is packed full w/info right now, but this information is on there):

- Our single share price is $330 (admin fee included). 
- We have a required "time donation" of one shift during the season.  The core is entirely volunteer-run and we can't function without all our members helping to contribute during distribution days.  When you sign up for Harvest Astoria, you also schedule in a time to help us out!!

Let us know if you have any more questions!

-Harvest Astoria Core

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:48:11 PM »
- We have a required "time donation" of one shift during the season.  The core is entirely volunteer-run and we can't function without all our members helping to contribute during distribution days.  When you sign up for Harvest Astoria, you also schedule in a time to help us out!!

Let us know if you have any more questions!

Please forgive the impudence, but I do have a question.

Does the above infer, imply or clearly state that the elderly and the disabled are not welcome if they are not able to participate in distribution days?
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline rmd

• Resident Visa
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 02:21:57 PM »
Please forgive the impudence, but I do have a question.

Does the above infer, imply or clearly state that the elderly and the disabled are not welcome if they are not able to participate in distribution days?

Hi NYCMacUser!  If you are unable to contribute a shift helping with distribution then let us know when you sign up with us.  We have a lot of other things we need help with including - our newsletter, bilingual translation, event coordinating etc.  We are flexible with providing alternatives to distribution day volunteering.  If you'd like more info on options please contact us at membership@harvestastoria.com.

Thanks for asking...our intention behind having a face to face sign-up is to be able to meet everyone.  That way, if there are circumstances that require us to be flexible we want to address them the best that we can!! 

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life