relax

Author Topic: new child board: Commercial, Paid, or Fee Based Events and Activities  (Read 1995 times)

Offline pineapple

• Senator
Glad to see this addition to the community events section!  I think it is important to distinguish between real community events, which are non-profit or no fee and commercial ones.  And I don't envy you the task of parsing the posts, but I think a distinction should be made between donation events and fee events.  It seems to me that the Autism post belongs back where it was not with, for example, real commercial events like those by Hell Gate Social, Bugalo, etc. 

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...
Re: new child board: Commercial, Paid, or Fee Based Events and Activities
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:37:10 PM »
Thanks for you post pineapple.  I moved the post  :|  Although the entrance fee is a donation it is required for entry to the event which is why i thought it was appropriate to move.  Also, they are requesting a minimum of $10 to be spent on food and drinks.  In any event, I will consult with the other mods.

A worthy event, no matter which category it is in.

Offline pineapple

• Senator
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2009, 08:57:26 PM »
I see where you're coming from.  Both the Autism event and the Kehillat Tikva Purim Party have "entrance fees" but the Hell Gate Social one doesn't.  But I do think a distinction between a donation or a fee paid towards a non-profit and a no-cover but commercial enterprise ought to be made.  To me the logic is to switch where they are currently posted, but that's just me.

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2009, 09:02:17 PM »
 :|
Not too unusual, but I feel retarded and confused. Was there a desire or need for this distinction?
?
I just dont get it.

Maybe I should give it time to see how having the 2 boards is a benefit. And I am sure the board guiders gave this thought.

Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline AJTNYC

• Global Moderator
  • Running for President
  • Plays well with others...
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »
Yes we found a need for it.  We are trying this out for now and may add other categories.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life