Other
2 (13.3%)
Suozzi
0 (0%)
I Personally Don't Give A Sh**
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: January 26, 2009, 05:11:50 PM

Author Topic: Hillary R. Clinton is Officially the Secrtary of State  (Read 1807 times)

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
Hillary R. Clinton is Officially the Secrtary of State
« on: January 21, 2009, 05:11:50 PM »
Now that the former Junior Senator from The state of New York has been approved as the new Secretary of State, New York's Governor Patterson must name a new Senator.

Who will he pick?
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! —Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: Hillary R. Clinton is Officially the Secrtary of State
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 05:33:44 PM »
Wonderful news.  Can't wait to see who he picks, though I'm not confident enough to make a prediction.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 06:48:34 PM »
Well, No matter who he picks from the above it's  same old. He should pick 'other?'

Offline jenriet

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:20:09 PM »
Got to take Kennedy off the choice list - she withdrew her name from consideration!

Offline Sweeper

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »
Wow 50% for Cuomo (OK only 4 votes) but come on, has he actually done anything that can be considered usefull? How is he qualified? He razor sharp wit? His engaging personality? His probing intellect? His daddy's last name? His ability suck off more powerful politicians?

This is the problem. Endorse this incompetent and you endorse the status quo.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 02:07:18 AM »
Wow 50% for Cuomo (OK only 4 votes) but come on, has he actually done anything that can be considered usefull? How is he qualified? He razor sharp wit? His engaging personality? His probing intellect? His daddy's last name? His ability suck off more powerful politicians?

This is the problem. Endorse this incompetent and you endorse the status quo.

It is  kinda  strange  that  the way te Guilliani's  marriage  woes made front page, with Rudy getting most of the blame, but, Andrews shenanigans , which IMO  far worse, are not even discussed, BOTH guys are pretty socially  'liberal?' Andrew talks like his dad, acts like his dad, who ran Albany  like a fiefdom  till he lost to Pataki. Of course, at this point NY, the very epicenter  of  solid Democrat party control, they can do and appoint anyone.

Offline Sweeper

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 07:20:49 PM »
Well WPIX is calling it for Congresswoman Gillibrand (sp). I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about her, but that alone makes her a better choice than The Offspring.

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 01:36:55 PM »
Well WPIX is calling it for Congresswoman Gillibrand (sp). I'll be the first to admit that I know nothing about her, but that alone makes her a better choice than The Offspring.

Refreshingly, she is pro gun rights, so at least she's on the correct side of that issue.

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 04:29:24 PM »
Kirsten Gillibrand is smart and very capable, if a bit more conservative than the other options.  It should be interesting to see how see performs and if there is a real primary, not just a nuisance candidate.

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 05:22:11 PM »
Kirsten Gillibrand is smart and very capable, if a bit more conservative than the other options.  It should be interesting to see how see performs and if there is a real primary, not just a nuisance candidate.

Actually, the more I read about her, the more I like.  Of course I am unique in that regard as the token righty of this board.  But I have to give kudos to Paterson for making a moderate choice.

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 09:35:55 PM »
I personally think that Patterson has made himself unelectable. Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, from the 4th Congressional District on Long Island, whose husband was killed by Colin Ferguson, and whose son was severely injured, was elected to the United States Congress on a platform of gun control,  has already announced that she is going to enter the primary to unseat Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! —Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 10:32:07 PM »

See, he picked  'other', I was  right... well, I'm always  right, but, more  right  than usual.  :lol:  Still, Paterson can get into trouble  now with the Anti-Gun 'nuts.'

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 10:38:58 PM »
I personally think that Patterson has made himself unelectable. Congresswoman Carolyn McCarthy, from the 4th Congressional District on Long Island, whose husband was killed by Colin Ferguson, and whose son was severely injured, was elected to the United States Congress on a platform of gun control,  has already announced that she is going to enter the primary to unseat Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.

Wait, you mean  McCarthy is  going to try to be a  Senator  now based  on her  trying to take  away  gun rights of  law abiding citizens  cause  her husband was  killed  by  a  racist  on  the LIRR years ago?  I never  got McCarthy, her  husband was a Republican who advocated  gun rights.

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
world needs now Re: Hillary R. Clinton the Secrtary of State
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 03:30:43 PM »

Clinton has a chatty discussing Holbrooke

http://www.cqpolitics.com/wmspage.cfm?docID=news-000003027827

and we wait to see if any hope and change in Israel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090210/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_israel_election
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life