relax

Author Topic: Newark: Cop chokes report and says, "I can do whatever I want."  (Read 1441 times)

Offline kungfoofool

• Mayor
  • mercenary web developer (pm me for info)
Newark: Cop chokes report and says, "I can do whatever I want."
« on: November 24, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »
Stay classy, Newark police force!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcN2YqQ8YhM

(Note: Dated October 30th, but it's still interesting/appalling.)
"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time."

Offline thanos27

• Senator
Re: Newark: Cop chokes report and says, "I can do whatever I want."
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2008, 12:53:40 AM »
That cop is a tool  and should be fined and suspended with no pay . Its sucks that so many people watch this stuff and end up hating the police for something a few do like abuse their power of the badge .

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2008, 01:44:25 PM »
That cop is a tool  and should be fined and suspended with no pay . Its sucks that so many people watch this stuff and end up hating the police for something a few do like abuse their power of the badge .

most are tools but he should be fired with that mentality....
Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 01:05:14 PM »
You Tube is  a farce. Still, no cop or anyone in authority should do 'whatever  they want.'  Of course, I worked in Newark,part time at the airport, for  a couple  of years in the late 80's  and  it was a 'bad'  place, so it's no wonder cops  have a 'bad' attitude.

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2008, 09:28:34 AM »
It's not the reporters in Newark who need to be choke slammed.  It's the relentless drug dealers and gang members.  My organization does some work in Newark, and it's sad.  The city is so beautiful, with historic buildings, close to NY, good port access.  But always held back by the criminal element.

Offline neo11

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2008, 04:57:07 PM »
I have to agree...I spent some time in Newark, and it was pretty sad to see how a city the state the city is in, and what the city could potentially be.

Newark has great connections by road, rail and air, a huge port, a nice downtown area with wide streets, parks, spacious sidewalks, some very beautiful buildings.  A clean subway system and a monorail.  Seven hospitals...quite a lot for a city Newark's size.  A pretty vibrant academic community.  Some nice cultural attractions, museums, concert halls, stadiums.  And of course, it is just a few minutes away from NYC.

And yet...it's Newark.  Crime, drug and gang-ridden, which has really kept people out and held the city back.  Though, if you're looking for cheap housing, there's plenty to be found there.  It's quite possible to find a luxury 2BR apartment in a new building right in downtown Newark, with a doorman, parking, gym, etc. for less than $1,000 a month.   Great deal, until you step outside and realize there's no stores and no one walking around after dark.  Oh well!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life