relax

Author Topic: Hillary Clinton Secretary of State?  (Read 1725 times)

Offline Sweeper

• Mayor
Hillary Clinton Secretary of State?
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:32:20 AM »
Apparently it is under serious consideration. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/17/us/politics/17memo.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

If selected who would Gov Patterson choose as the new Senator from the great state of New York?

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
Re: Hillary Clinton Secretary of State?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:49 AM »
Apparently it is under serious consideration. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/17/us/politics/17memo.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

If selected who would Gov Patterson choose as the new Senator from the great state of New York?

could it be .... possibly..... Odenhal ?

would Odenhal accept ? stay tooned  :roll:
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline mcgowan

• Council Member
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 10:09:54 AM »
I am not a Hillary fan.  I do not think she is a good senator nor did I think she would make a good president.

That said, I think she has the potential to be a great Secretary of State, as much of a policy wonk as she is, I think she could be a real asset to the Obama administration, so long as he can control her.  If she is willing to follow his lead on policy issues, then I think she could do some very good things for the country in that role. 

(BTW why does Obama still come up as a misspelled word?)
-Chris

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 10:33:36 AM »
I think Hillary would be a great Secretary of State - it would be exciting to see her serve in the Obama administration.  I keep hearing that he is considering the "Team of Rivals" concept, much like President Lincoln did, of having his strongest primary opponents serve in his cabinet.

As to who would succeed Hillary, I've heard the names of Congressmembers Carolyn Maloney, Jerry Nadler, Nita Lowey and possibly State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 11:08:13 AM »
As to who would succeed Hillary, I've heard the names of Congressmembers Carolyn Maloney, Jerry Nadler, Nita Lowey and possibly State Attorney General Andrew Cuomo.
All of whom would be great choices.
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
Re: Secretary of State?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/11/11/us/politics/20081111_CABINET_PICKER.html

:?

Readers have some interesting suggestions for the cabinet -

Defense
SOS
Homeland
AG
Treasury
   8-)
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2008, 12:17:59 AM »

Oh, where  or where can we find another Senator  who spends  most of their time campaigning, waving and smiling?  :-)   Personally, I am very  happy Senator Clinon will get a job that gets  her as far away from NY  as possible. :lol:

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 01:28:31 PM »
I mean this respectfully, but the confirmation hearing would be very interesting.  Many of President Clinton's international dealings would come into issue, because they could represent a conflict of interest.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 01:44:49 PM by Billz1981 »

Offline Sweeper

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 07:38:46 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2008/11/11/us/politics/20081111_CABINET_PICKER.html

:?

Readers have some interesting suggestions for the cabinet -

Defense
SOS
Homeland
AG
Treasury
   8-)

I like the readers choices better than how it is shaking out. I always thought that Richardson would bring more to State than Hillary (and with far less drama.) Plus Napolitano would be a better fit as AG than Holder, but I just don't see what she would bring to DHS.

Any Obama supporters out there worried about the retreads? His choices really are not screaming change.
Also, how is Ron Paul in the top ten of all these polls? Will his supporters ever stop?

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »
I like the readers choices better than how it is shaking out. I always thought that Richardson would bring more to State than Hillary (and with far less drama.) Plus Napolitano would be a better fit as AG than Holder, but I just don't see what she would bring to DHS.

Any Obama supporters out there worried about the retreads? His choices really are not screaming change.
Also, how is Ron Paul in the top ten of all these polls? Will his supporters ever stop?

The problems I have with Holder  is  the Rich pardon and how the entire Elian mess was handled. Still, I think Pres. Obama  is more  pragmatic, far from the Mickey Moore/Daily Kos fringe, than I gave him credit, and he seems  to be following a more  centrist  course.... we'll see.  :|

Ron Paul is  becoming the 'new'  Lyndon  La Rouche. :lol:  I used to love arguing  with the LaRouche  supporters  years  ago, before  Lyndon did  time for  'credit'  fraud.  :wink:They always  had that table every election cycle, under  the 'El' in front of  the Woolsley Station Post Office  on 31st. They  were always accusing  the Queen of England, Catholic  Church and the 'Illuminati'  for  creating  conflict  to enrich themselves.  They wanted to 'indict'  every President  from LBJ  to  Clinton  for  being part of  a secret  cabal. I didn't  see  them this time, I guess  the competition for  insane conspiracy  theories  has gotten so crowded, La Rouche  finally  seems  sane?  :-D

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life