relax

Author Topic: Lets stop Fluoridating our water  (Read 3562 times)

Offline BKozis

• Citizen
Lets stop Fluoridating our water
« on: November 13, 2008, 12:50:10 PM »
Check out this site with lots of great info

http://www.fluoridealert.org/

Send a letter to your congressional leaders (takes 1 minute its pre filled)
http://salsa.democracyinaction.org/o/2477/t/2782/campaign.jsp?campaign_KEY=21960

10 facts about Fluoride
http://www.fluoridealert.org/fluoride-facts.htm

PLEASE TELL YOUR FAMILY & FRIENDS !!!!!

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
Re: Lets stop Fluoridating our water
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:22:01 PM »

not sure why you got a negg nodd, i would'nt worry about those lames tho,

glad you are speading the word, its just too bad people are stupid enough not to do anything about it , its typical America - dont do nothing about the situation until something goes wrong and people die...wake up people

Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

littlemissbubbles

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 01:32:13 PM »
Maybe they like being brain dead lol

its really horrible that they are fluoridating the water supply.
especially now that there is evidence of it causing harm

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 01:42:22 PM »
Fluorid is in MOST TOOTHPASTE (thats why it says on the back if swallowed, please call poison control) go figure!!!

It is also in most bottled water, if the bottle does not say if it does or not, you will have to call them direct and see

« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 01:50:33 PM by PJ »
Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Offline bstewart

• Mayor
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 02:16:48 PM »
not sure why you got a negg nodd
Just speculating, (I didn't nod it,) maybe because fluoridation has been a favorite bugbear in some political circles for 40 years or more. Or maybe because this subject was discussed and these links were posted in June.

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2008, 02:23:05 PM »
Just speculating, (I didn't nod it,) maybe because fluoridation has been a favorite bugbear in some political circles for 40 years or more. Or maybe because this subject was discussed and these links were posted in June.

40yrs ? it goes back alot more than that

DR. JAN DE VRIES, Dr. H.Med., Ph.D., D.Ac., D.O., N.D
"Hitler put fluoride in the water to keep his prisoners quiet, and the same thing happens in other parts of the world"

link http://www.consumerhealth.org/articles/display.cfm?ID=19990817225011

Need I say more ?

Offline bstewart

• Mayor
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2008, 02:38:43 PM »
... to keep his prisoners quiet ...
From observing Astorians.com, one might conclude that it isn't very effective at that.

Offline paratactical

• Governor
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 02:42:28 PM »
PJ Godwins. Thread over.

littlemissbubbles

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2008, 02:48:49 PM »
lets not be babies...were just trying to spread some info.

Offline enigmacat

• Governor
  • I am not a minion of evil. I am upper management.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2008, 03:18:45 PM »
here's another viewpoint:

Quackwatch on Fluoride

Offline Billz1981

• Senator
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2008, 04:18:01 PM »
I agree, they should stop putting fluoride in our water supply.  Think of how that money could be better used by making sure that vaccines have enough preservatives in them, and that dental fillings are made of strong enough metals.   :evil:

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 04:20:22 PM »

i am not even going to get started with the flu vaccine.....

Offline AlexNYC

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 08:23:49 PM »
They put flu vaccine in the water?!

Just kidding.  :wink:

I never liked the idea of flouride in our water supply. There are few people who don't use toothpaste with flouride, what's the point, except for making the companies who supply the flouride richer.

Offline heff

• Mayor
    • TAWQ
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2008, 12:21:09 PM »
You know when fluoridation first began?  Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

I first became aware of it during the physical act of love.  A profound sense of fatigue... a feeling of emptiness followed.  Luckily I was able to interpret these feelings correctly.  Loss of essence.  I can assure you it has not recurred.  Women sense my power and they seek the life essence.  I do not avoid women... but I do deny them my essence.

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2008, 01:10:12 PM »
  :lmao:  :mrgreen: :smitten:
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline edhopper

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 02:56:46 PM »
"The lunatic is on the grass.
The lunatic is on the grass.
Remembering games and daisy chains and laughs.
Got to keep the loonies on the path. "

Roger Waters

Offline plank

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 05:47:21 PM »

just an fyi. found this online.

Alice,

How bad is the water here in New York City? Do you recommend drinking filtered water, or does it really make a difference?

Thirsty

Dear Thirsty,

You assume New York City water is bad, but in fact, it's quite good! The NYC Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) rigorously tests the city's tap water and reports their findings to the public annually. (For the official report, visit the DEP's water quality page.) By most counts, the quality of NYC's tap water is something to drink to!

In particular, three of the major culprits for drinking water contamination are lead, bacteria, and disinfectants or disinfectant byproducts. New York City stacks up pretty well in terms of each of them.

* New York City's water supplies are virtually lead-free. There is the possibility that lead can leach into water from old plumbing, but sampling indicates that the vast majority of NYC taps produce water containing only minute, insignificant quantities of lead (if any). Those worried that their tap might be among the very few with dangerous lead levels can call 311 for a free testing kit.
    * Although the common bacteria Giardia and Cryptosporidium have been detected in some water samples, there is no evidence that these bugs have caused any illness among New Yorkers. The DEP acknowledges the potential risk of gastrointestinal infection due to these water-borne bacteria, but maintains that this risk is very minor. For details related to the ongoing monitoring of Giardia and Cryptosporidium, visit NYCDEP's Waterborne Disease Risk Assessment Program.
    * All NYC drinking water is treated with chlorine (to kill harmful bacteria and viruses), as well as fluoride (to help prevent tooth decay) and orthophosphate (to help prevent metals, including lead, from being released from plumbing). Some studies report that over a period of decades, exposure to chlorine and its byproducts are associated with an increased risk for certain types of cancer. However, this risk is relatively small compared to those associated with non-chlorinated water.

So, whether or not filtering one's water would be beneficial depends both on how safe the water is to begin with and how effective the filter is at making it safer. Some households require no filtration and others require special filters for specific contaminants. For help selecting an appropriate filter, visit the NSF International Public Health and Safety Company's Home Water Treatment Devices web page.

For more information on local water quality, call the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1.800.426.4791.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2008, 12:15:05 AM »
just an fyi. found this online.

Alice,

How bad is the water here in New York City? Do you recommend drinking filtered water, or does it really make a difference?

Thirsty

Dear Thirsty,

You assume New York City water is bad, but in fact, it's quite good! The NYC Department of Environmental Protection (NYCDEP) rigorously tests the city's tap water and reports their findings to the public annually. (For the official report, visit the DEP's water quality page.) By most counts, the quality of NYC's tap water is something to drink to!

In particular, three of the major culprits for drinking water contamination are lead, bacteria, and disinfectants or disinfectant byproducts. New York City stacks up pretty well in terms of each of them.

* New York City's water supplies are virtually lead-free. There is the possibility that lead can leach into water from old plumbing, but sampling indicates that the vast majority of NYC taps produce water containing only minute, insignificant quantities of lead (if any). Those worried that their tap might be among the very few with dangerous lead levels can call 311 for a free testing kit.
    * Although the common bacteria Giardia and Cryptosporidium have been detected in some water samples, there is no evidence that these bugs have caused any illness among New Yorkers. The DEP acknowledges the potential risk of gastrointestinal infection due to these water-borne bacteria, but maintains that this risk is very minor. For details related to the ongoing monitoring of Giardia and Cryptosporidium, visit NYCDEP's Waterborne Disease Risk Assessment Program.
    * All NYC drinking water is treated with chlorine (to kill harmful bacteria and viruses), as well as fluoride (to help prevent tooth decay) and orthophosphate (to help prevent metals, including lead, from being released from plumbing). Some studies report that over a period of decades, exposure to chlorine and its byproducts are associated with an increased risk for certain types of cancer. However, this risk is relatively small compared to those associated with non-chlorinated water.

So, whether or not filtering one's water would be beneficial depends both on how safe the water is to begin with and how effective the filter is at making it safer. Some households require no filtration and others require special filters for specific contaminants. For help selecting an appropriate filter, visit the NSF International Public Health and Safety Company's Home Water Treatment Devices web page.

For more information on local water quality, call the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA) Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1.800.426.4791.

Of course, there  are places  on this earth, and I have been to  them, that would kill to have  the level of clean drinking water  we take  for granted. Of course , it could be improved, but, let's   not get  'UFO'  theory on it. :lol:

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life