relax

Author Topic: what are your "deal breakers"?  (Read 16309 times)

Offline newastorian35

• Council Member
Re: what are your "deal breakers"?
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2008, 07:19:13 AM »
I find it to be a huge turn-off if a guy DOESN'T have muscles and does not work out...  I spend a lot of time at the gym and enjoy working out and need someone who feels the same way.  And a guy with a fat belly is a huge turn-off, but too skinny is even worse!

But, I also have friends who love the skinny guys--everyone has their "type".

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2008, 08:02:26 AM »
Huge fat belly is actually worse , health wise but very very skinny looks bad as well. People who are very into taling care of themselves , going to the gym , eating healthy , not smoking etc are most likely going to want someone the same . Its not always the case , but most of the times .    The worst for me is when someone doesnt work out or take care of themselves and then in return will only want someone in great shape , and becomes the pickiest person when it comes to dating . I have some friends like that  and to me it makes no sense.  Like we would go out to bars , my friends being single wouldnt even look at a girl 5 lbs overweight , meanwhile their guts were hanging .

Offline pineapple

• Senator
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2008, 09:18:33 AM »
Deal breaker: a guy who refuses or even resists wearing a condom.  bye, bye

Offline Christine

• Governor
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2008, 09:31:40 AM »
Don't get me wrong- a gym rat is better than a beer belly redneck! But it's the guys who are so self-centered that they make all the noise dropping weights hard etc. If you're so strong, why can't you put the weights down slowly and count it as an extra rep?! :rolleyes:

Guys who live beyond their means to impress people- always preferred guys who make a good living and drive old reliable cars, for example, over the reverse. Fiscal responsibility is important, even if they're not rich.
"Apparently these are the best women Queens has to offer. Now pick one and let's go home."

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2008, 10:04:59 AM »
True  weight dropping really sucks and is annoying to others around you .
Most people now get caught up with all the "toys" out there .  Leasing a new car when its costing u an arm and a leg , gas , full insurance  and payments all add up to alot . Unless u use it almost everyday , its kinda of a waste .  Going out to fancy dinners all the time , spending on big name brand handbags and shoes is something alot of women i know do . I think its good to live within your means while saving for a rainy day . The way the economy is and will probably be for a while , having saved in the past is a smart thing now .

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2008, 11:02:04 AM »
Odenhal's deal breaker....Men, i will not date men, i dont care how much you make or how buff you are . If you are now or have ever been a man Odenhal will not date you.
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2008, 11:19:38 AM »
Religion is a big deal breaker for me when looking at a long-term dating situation. I don't think I could date someone who was devoutly religious or a regular church goer no matter how perfect they were for me otherwise.

Of course, most religious people wouldn't want to date an atheist like myself anyway.

It's always disappointing when an otherwise quality girl starts talking about their personal relationship with God on a date.

Offline goldfish

• Activist
    • Sara V. Nagle, LMT
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2008, 11:28:50 AM »
I don't have a problem with people who are religious, as long as they have actually thought it out instead of blindly following dogma, and as long as they don't try to bludgeon me with their faith.  I promise not to bludgeon them with mine.

I do have a problem with racists, homophobes, the willfully ignorant, and abusers.  Oh, and guys who are shorter than me make me feel like a giraffe.   :|

Offline goldfish boy

• Governor
  • These cookie-shaped objects taste like cookies!
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2008, 11:59:10 AM »
Any woman who is not attracted to me, forget it.  Total deal-breaker.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
« Reply #39 on: October 31, 2008, 12:18:11 PM »

What is the "deal"?

Not sure about deal-breakers, but I would say you MUST have a sense of humor.
Life is short. Thankfully, most females are fine. Some have better humor than others. And one is especially fun.   :-P

Odenhal, someone goes through the trouble of Trans Ops, and you still turn her(him) down??
Okay.
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline plank

• Running for Mayor
« Reply #40 on: October 31, 2008, 12:23:19 PM »
Yea stop hating my pic , its something im rather proud of though .  You on the other hand are a mets fan and state it quite proudly ,  that to some is a huge turnoff  :)

this is true. but it is a turn-on for woman who like losers and have very low expectations.  :-D

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #41 on: October 31, 2008, 12:27:20 PM »
What is the "deal"?
Odenhal, someone goes through the trouble of Trans Ops, and you still turn her(him) down??
Okay.

to answer your question.....yes

please note from this day forward any reference to Odenhal must be in bold lettering. That's right bold just like Odenhal   :-D  :-o

if this is not strictly adhered to the penalties will be swift and severe
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline TRX

• Governor
  • It only makes me laugh
    • http://www.lp.org
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2008, 12:40:48 PM »

penalties will be swift

any relationship to swiftboat

that's a deal breaker
Life, Liberty, Happiness (pursuit of) and pasta

Offline newastorian35

• Council Member
« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2008, 10:02:27 AM »
Deal breaker: a guy who refuses or even resists wearing a condom.  bye, bye

So, the people neg-nodding this post are into STD-spreading?  Come on, now!

As we are all unique, we all have different "deal-breakers".  If we all were into the same things, then everyone in the world would be fighting over the same few people...  It's not really fair to judge others for their personal taste in people they'd like to date.  It's fun to hear what others consider to be a "deal-breaker" and what they're looking for.  It really shows that there is someone out there for everyone.

Offline Alison

• Senator
« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2008, 04:18:16 PM »
Do I like hanging out with you? Cool. If I don't like hanging out with you, that's a deal-breaker. Unfortunately, there are about ten bajillion variables in both, so I can't really define any of them. And I'm a Mets fan and EVERYTHING.

I once read a personal ad that said "your second toe MUST be shorter than your big toe." I'm all for different strokes, but MAN....someone's nit-picky.

(also you must be exactly 1/32nd Irish and have lived in North Dakota for 2.73 years. no more, no less.  :wink: )
What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life