relax

Author Topic: Where does a guy go in Astoria to meet a Greek girl?  (Read 25167 times)

Offline Christine

• Governor
Re: Where does a guy go in Astoria to meet a Greek girl?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2008, 10:18:54 PM »
why does everyone hate on the high-maintenance? Let them spend their money on hair nails and bags...

It's the long-term implications with such a person (man OR woman, but most often women.) An outdoorsy type of guy isn't going to have much fun with a woman who's loathe to break a nail, and vice-versa. A guy who doesn't make much money won't be able to make her happy.
"Apparently these are the best women Queens has to offer. Now pick one and let's go home."

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2008, 11:54:00 PM »
Well alot of times , those high maintenance women depend on a man to support their habits . God forbid u dont comply with their wants, u might be out the door . When u see teenyboppers with $1500 Dior hand bags , seems like spoiling is from their up bringing and its what they are used to and look for later in life.

Offline James Maxx

• Campaigning for Council
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2008, 05:27:37 PM »
The Astoria Greek scene is not the best place to hook up or meet a girlfriend.  Many of the girls are very into themselves and care a lot of what other people think, so if they get seen hooking up or talking to a stranger they will start to be labeled as a whore.  Unless you know people in the clique you will not be hooking up.  I am not saying its impossible to hookup at these Greek places (I have a few times) but it is just very difficult.

As for the women who are with guys for their cars, trust me they are not getting any action the old ugly farts just like to show off and spend money on girls they will never have.  Losers in my book.  Yea let me lease a Mercedes so I can show off to some 20 year old Greek girls and buy them drinks at Cavo or Central lol makes me laugh.  Cars don't mean much now.  There are guys in Astoria driving Bentleys and Lamborghinis the girls don't care about that stuff as much as you think.  The ones who do care about that are girls you don't want to be in relationships with. 

Best bet is to just have a good time and be confident.  If you see a good looking girl give them a smile maybe a little chit chat but don't get desperate and start buying them drinks unless you know your gonna get something out of it.  A lot of these European girls like to play hard to get too, so they will be interested but will not show it.  I don't go for that crap  though.

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2008, 07:34:29 PM »
There are guys in Astoria driving Bentleys and Lamborghinis . . .
Would you be kind enough to point them out to me, please.
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! —Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2008, 12:25:29 AM »
Nycmack are u interested cuz they drive those cars ???....or u just dont belive guys in astoria have those cars at all .
There are a couple of ferraris always parked in front of the cafes on 30th ave , mostly at flo . Maybe now that its getting colder  not as much . Another guy has a yellow lambo  and same thing with him , all over the cafes . Blue ferrari at cavo every sat night . Maserati in light blue at central  cavo etc as well .  Upper tier  Benz's over 130k all around as well . Im into cars as u can see  but i do consider chics who only go for guys due to their cars pretty pathetic , even though it does happen all the time .

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2008, 11:18:58 AM »
Nycmack are u interested cuz they drive those cars ???....or u just dont belive guys in astoria have those cars at all .
There are a couple of ferraris always parked in front of the cafes on 30th ave , mostly at flo . Maybe now that its getting colder  not as much . Another guy has a yellow lambo  and same thing with him , all over the cafes . Blue ferrari at cavo every sat night . Maserati in light blue at central  cavo etc as well .  Upper tier  Benz's over 130k all around as well . Im into cars as u can see  but i do consider chics who only go for guys due to their cars pretty pathetic , even though it does happen all the time .
First off, Honey, I am far too old to be called a chick! Second, I love fast cars. Third, the only car I have NEVER driven, or driven in, is a Bentley. I'd love to meet the owner and get myself a ride around the block!
Women are like teabags.

Offline bstewart

• Mayor
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2008, 11:28:23 AM »
... get myself a ride around the block!
These guys Gullwing Motor Cars should be able to get you an introduction.

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2008, 11:36:08 AM »
These guys Gullwing Motor Cars should be able to get you an introduction.
I really don't have much of an interest in antique cars. I know some people love antiques of all kinds, but to me antiques are just old things like me! I wanna drive a brand new Bentley.
Women are like teabags.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2008, 06:58:04 PM »
Well GothamDreamCars in Manhattan have any type of exotic cars u can think of including bentleys.
U can rent one but its gonna cost u a pretty penny . How did u get to drive or be driven in all of those exotic cars > Did u work at a dealership > im just curious .     My dream ride is a Ferrari Enzo . Nice dream

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2008, 07:41:15 PM »
How did u get to drive or be driven in all of those exotic cars
A combination of having lived in Europe for a while (where a shiny, new, expensive sports car is a sign of success), having worked for a Fortune 100 Company (where a fabulous one-of-a-kind car is the pinnacle of success) and one of my children who owns an exclusive limousine service in Los Angeles who frequently hook(ed)(s) me up.
Women are like teabags.

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2008, 04:26:54 PM »
My dream ride is a Ferrari Enzo .

belive it or not, someone had one parked right outside the restaurant next pizza palace on Ditmars....in red too...it was pretty sick ----driving that thing on the high way must be just like throwing $20's out the window....hahahaaaa
Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Offline murph

• Activist
    • Kevin Murphy - IT Consultant
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2008, 04:38:48 PM »
go work at a country club for a summer. Beemers, Benz, Bentley, Porsche, Ferarri, Lamborgini....not a car guy either, but i've driven them all.

...still would rather just have my Jeep!

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2008, 05:17:12 PM »
Believe it or not my next door neighbor (yes in Astoria) has an Enzo Ferrari. Just seeing that come down the block trying not to hit a raised manhole cover is torture to watch .

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »

Believe it or not, the Enzo has raisers to raise up the car to prevent hitting manhole covers and inclines
Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2008, 08:29:42 PM »
That car is sooo low to the ground its unreal . Not to mention just to get in it ,  if u are over 5'8 it wont be so easy . U will feel every pebble on the road , u are so low to the ground with barely any rubber on those tires . But man does it look like a rocket on 4 wheels.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life