relax

Author Topic: Where does a guy go in Astoria to meet a Greek girl?  (Read 25819 times)

Offline TBRays

• Campaigning for Council
Where does a guy go in Astoria to meet a Greek girl?
« on: October 18, 2008, 11:36:12 PM »
Don't know if this is the right place to post but...I'm new to the area and have been living here for a few months.I happen to live by 30th avenue and every weekend the cafes that line up the street are packed with very good looking Greek girls or Eastern European girls.What can I say my eyes almost popped out of my head!! lol I'm from Tampa and we have some cute girls but not as well dressed and good looking as these girls at the cafe.After some time I ventured to a Greek club called Caprice which a waiter at a cafe recommended going.Again very nice music,crowd and lots of good looking ladies.

Now my dilemma.I have noticed that at the cafes it seems like everyone goes in groups like 4 or 5 girls at a table,all dressed up looking good,showing off but I see no men approach them.Men eye them but thats as far as it goes.Next you have the mixed groups like 3 or 4 girls with 4 or 5 guys lets say.You figure some are relatives,maybe siblings and the rest their boyfriends.Again no flirting no one approaching ladies.It seems like people either go with their friends,relatives or boyfriends but no single ladies to be approached or if there are a few you must have some wingmen.Same thing with the Greek club Caprice all I saw were couples or big groups of friends but no one actively pursuing.A few drunk guys leering and staring at girls but for the most part nothing there.

To wrap this up my question is... Where do you go to find a Greek girl to have a relationship with?? I'm not asking for hooking up or one night stand just to talk,hang out and take it from there. Where did all these people who are Greek that I have seen at the cafes and clubs meet up? Do you have to be part of some social club,a church or maybe have lots of Greek friends to network off and introduce you? Because from what I have seen the Greek places are totally opposite of the American bars in Manhattan where people do go to meet up as opposed to people watch and show off.

Offline nyhardcore

• Citizen
  • REDSOX NATION
Re: Where does a guy go in Astoria to meet a Greek girl?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2008, 11:52:29 PM »
This post has been removed by the moderator due to offensive content.

Astoria Luv
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:31:26 AM by Astoria Luv »

Offline neo11

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 01:11:33 AM »
That wakes people up at all hours?  Really?

The racism and hate some people spew never ceases to amaze me.

Offline Jiggs

• Council Member
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 01:18:36 AM »
removed by mod

what a low life response.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 09:46:34 AM by daisy »

Offline Jiggs

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 01:23:16 AM »
Don't know if this is the right place to post but...I'm new to the area and have been living here for a few months.I happen to live by 30th avenue and every weekend the cafes that line up the street are packed with very good looking Greek girls or Eastern European girls.What can I say my eyes almost popped out of my head!! lol I'm from Tampa and we have some cute girls but not as well dressed and good looking as these girls at the cafe.After some time I ventured to a Greek club called Caprice which a waiter at a cafe recommended going.Again very nice music,crowd and lots of good looking ladies.

Now my dilemma.I have noticed that at the cafes it seems like everyone goes in groups like 4 or 5 girls at a table,all dressed up looking good,showing off but I see no men approach them.Men eye them but thats as far as it goes.Next you have the mixed groups like 3 or 4 girls with 4 or 5 guys lets say.You figure some are relatives,maybe siblings and the rest their boyfriends.Again no flirting no one approaching ladies.It seems like people either go with their friends,relatives or boyfriends but no single ladies to be approached or if there are a few you must have some wingmen.Same thing with the Greek club Caprice all I saw were couples or big groups of friends but no one actively pursuing.A few drunk guys leering and staring at girls but for the most part nothing there.

To wrap this up my question is... Where do you go to find a Greek girl to have a relationship with?? I'm not asking for hooking up or one night stand just to talk,hang out and take it from there. Where did all these people who are Greek that I have seen at the cafes and clubs meet up? Do you have to be part of some social club,a church or maybe have lots of Greek friends to network off and introduce you? Because from what I have seen the Greek places are totally opposite of the American bars in Manhattan where people do go to meet up as opposed to people watch and show off.

Do you speak Greek?  Also, are you Greek?  It sometimes makes a differance to them, especially if they were born there, or are first generation.  If you are good at talking to girls, and getting into conversations easy, try any cafe when it is not too busy, and talk to girls at counter, or waitresses.   Just keep in mind that they are sometimes hired on looks to get customers to come in.   Also on places like Mypace there are Greek Astorian groups, facebook too.   

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2008, 02:48:20 AM »
[Statement in violation of board rules deleted by Mod - AJTNYC]

Ok in response to the original post .....

Are u greek ?  What kinda job do u have ? What kinda car do u drive ?   :-D  Just kidding , not all greek girls are like that but sad to say many are .  

Ok seriously , how old are you ? And what nationality are u >? Cuz most of the those cafe dwellers are early to mid 20's / To be honest alot of greek chics stick with their own .  Not all but alot do .Many come from bklyn , bronx , nj and Longisland just to be in the greek scene and chill . Greek clubs/bars like caprice are mostly clicks . Cavo , another astoria greek club , is more mixed european and not all greek.  Not many go to caprice  to pick up , even though some might . Again money doesnt hurt .   Greek women seem to be very spoiled in the upbringing dept , wanting Mr. Donald Trump in a Brad pitt body to show up at their door /
Again im not saying all greek girls are looking for a greek guy , but those at greek places probably do .
Its a pretty funny scene though , they will spend tons on getting nails , hair , top designer outfits and bags  , doing top notch makeup  yet when a  guy with kohones steps up  , they will roll their eyes  and walk away .  I see this allll the time in those places and its  funny .  So i wouldnt pick a club in astoria to meet a future girlfriend . At a cafe unless the girl is right next to u that u want to talk to , its kinda hard to  step to her table and just start talking to her . But then again , maybe it isnt .  Either way , unless u make a move u wont know what can happen .
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:57:16 PM by AJTNYC »

Offline Christine

• Governor
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 08:19:32 AM »
If you want a high-maintenance girlfriend, then make sure you have the money and look the part. Any woman who goes through those kind of lengths to look hot on a regular basis is on a mission. And if she's natrually good-looking to begin with, she's being approached constantly, so she can afford to be picky.

Besides, what's so special about a Greek woman? You're limiting your options for no reason, considering how many terrific single women there are in the NYC area from all different cultures. People sometimes think I'm Greek (coming up to me in the store and speaking Greek) but I'm far from it!

Maybe become a regular at your local cafe so that the women there get used to seeing you. Be friendly (not flirty) and chances are the women will take notice. Dress nice without looking like you're trying, read a book, sit near the window. If I worked at a cafe and knew that such-and-such a guy would be coming in regularly, I just might mention him to my single friends.

Anyway, I don't belong in this forum anyway, just had to give my 2 cents......

"Apparently these are the best women Queens has to offer. Now pick one and let's go home."

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2008, 10:02:36 AM »
I think it's important to note that not everyone at these cafes and clubs is Greek.  It's also important not to paint all Greeks in the same light.  There are many beautiful women that go out in Astoria that aren't Greek, and why limit yourself to just one ethnicity?  I've had similar thoughts towards many of the handsome European men here, and in Cavo and Central, flirting is common.  And I'm not Greek.  But I will tell you that bars and clubs are often not the best way to meet someone for the long term.  It's often a good way to meet a jerk or ditz.  Try meetup.com and join a local group that shares a common interest with you.   I've met a lot of fun people this way.  Just get out there and enjoy yourself.   And don't be afraid to say hello to a girl.  They're not all going to ignore you and if they do, they weren't worth your time anyway.  You never know who you're going to meet unless you take a chance.

Offline Pulled pork

• Mayor
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2008, 02:20:56 PM »
I think your best shot is to get buddy buddy with some Greek grandmas and help out at some Church socials.  It's almost like the Greek families around here have arranged marriages so when you are young and still single you look good, go out, flirt but it is not how you meet your future spouse.

Not Greek and not too serious about this but have wondered about it myself.

Offline ddanny999

• Activist
  • Residential Evil 4
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 04:05:00 PM »
I am not Greek but if your goal is to have a Greek girlfriend, it helps to learn about their culture and history and be willing to learn some phrases.

Spend some time talking to Greek people in the neighborhood and make friends with them, and see if that can lead to an invitation to social outings or perhaps meeting an extended family at a gathering.  This is a much better way to meet women as you are introduced and in the company of mutual friends.

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2008, 08:39:35 PM »
Pulled Pork , sorry but i know tons of greek girls and tons of greek families ., Non of which have or want arranged marriages . Dont know where u base your info from , but maybe u are confusing getting set up or introduced to someone who is the same nationality . But arranged , no way .

Offline Jiggs

• Council Member
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 12:20:10 AM »
I think your best shot is to get buddy buddy with some Greek grandmas and help out at some Church socials.  It's almost like the Greek families around here have arranged marriages so when you are young and still single you look good, go out, flirt but it is not how you meet your future spouse.

Not Greek and not too serious about this but have wondered about it myself.

Good idea. And if that doesn't work out as planed-well, hey, some of those Greek grandma's need loving too.  :-)

Offline Alexa

• Senator
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2008, 01:42:20 AM »
While it might make for interesting people watching, cafe's aren't really where you go to meet a greek girl. Generally as a culture, an individual coming up to the girls to chat them up is seen as odd. The way in is through a friend, or a friend of a friend. Rarely is there another way into the group. We don't go to cafe's to meet others, but to meet with friends, and meet our friends friends. Clubbing is the same... if a bunch of girls are in a group, it is seen as sort of odd for someone not part of the group, or that they haven't been introduced to, to try and join in.

However, i'm not sure if seeking out a girlfriend based on her culture and ethnicity alone is the best way to go. And speaking as a greek girl, it can be somewhat more challenging to infiltrate this group if you aren't greek...not impossible, just challenging.

And not all greek girls are high-maintenance, but even if that were the case, why does everyone hate on the high-maintenance? Let them spend their money on hair nails and bags...what does anyone else give a s___ about that...live and let live.

When I'm about to do something, I ask myself "would an idiot do that" and if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing.

Offline PJ

• Senator
  • AQ420 Team
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2008, 10:55:26 AM »
go to a Greek church or cafe....and if you drive a Benz, your in  :-)
Astoria.....\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"A Shady Place For Shady People"\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\......So LOVE it OR LEAVE IT !!!!

Offline thanos27

• Senator
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2008, 01:47:44 PM »
True greek girls sure do love mercedes and bmw's . Next time around look at any  bmw around those cafes , u will most likely see some hot chic with some ugly ass dude .

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life