relax

Author Topic: Looking for Reputable/Quality Jewelry Store  (Read 2204 times)

Offline GreenEyedGirl

• Activist
Looking for Reputable/Quality Jewelry Store
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:47:31 PM »
Want to buy piece of men's jewelry for Christmas gift, and hoping that if they have a big enough selection and the recipient doesn't like it, he has the option to exchange it. Also, don't want to get ripped off with over-hyped prices like some places I've seen. Any suggestions? Hopefully here in Astoria or in Manhattan.

Thanks!

LeavingAstoriaSoon

Looking for Reputable/Quality Jewelry Store
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2005, 12:10:44 AM »
had a good experience with an engagement ring at Almaz Brothers on 30th ave (near 36th st. or so...) As far as I could tell they have the highest quality stuff at least in the Broadway/30th/Steinway area...

Deelicious

Re: Looking for Reputable/Quality Jewelry Store
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 09:30:59 PM »
whatever you do DO NOT go to Almaz Brothers on 30th avenue to get your jewelery fixed.  They took my heavy ring and shaved it down making it much lighter ans sharper around the edges.  When I confronted them about it they got all defensive and called me crazy.  Professional huh?  I told them that i have been wearing my ring daily for over a year and I know my ring and how it should feel.  All three men in the store hounded me, called me crazy and laughed at me.

VERY UNPROFESSIONAL. THIEVES!!! DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!

Just for some backround info, I had an 18k white gold ring with small CZ's.  One CZ fell out, I asked them to replace it and they said it would be $15.  Fine, fair enough.  I dropped it off thursday evening and they told me to pick it up the next thursday.  8 days to replace a missing CZ?!  They shoudl have replaced it right then and there...silly me I convinced them I'd pick it up the following monday.  Little did I know in the span between thursday and monday that they would shave down my ring, making it lighter in weight, much bigger on my finger and razor sharp around the edges.  I dont even know if my ring is 18k gold anymore, it might be 18k plated over 10k for all i know right now.

NEVER AGAIN! Not a reputable jeweler.  THIEVES!

Offline Mark Sofiev

• Tourist
Re: Looking for Reputable/Quality Jewelry Store
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 06:47:37 PM »
had a good experience with an engagement ring at Almaz Brothers on 30th ave (near 36th st. or so...) As far as I could tell they have the highest quality stuff at least in the Broadway/30th/Steinway area...

Hes Absoultley right their prices are fair to start and you can Negotiate

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life