relax

Author Topic: the morning after...  (Read 2140 times)

Annwyn

the morning after...
« on: November 03, 2004, 01:37:32 PM »
Thanks freezepeach for hosting an awesome campaign nite gathering.  it really helped to get together with the community to watch the election reports.  

Still weary from tossing and turning in my bed last night... no, 'twas not from the awesome iced chai,  , just the torturous thoughts of four more years...

:shock:

Offline wasabisam

• Senator
  • Missing Astoria
the morning after...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2004, 04:54:25 PM »
I agree about the campaign event. It was a nice turnout.

I also admit that I tossed and turned all night, dreaming that Kerry won, and feeling relief, but waking up and realizing that in reality everything was still up in the air. I am greatly disappointed at Kerry's loss (my co-workers are equally depressed). I only hope that 51% of America hasn't made a grave mistake in choosing Bush to run our country for another four years.
Chief Wiggum: Uh, no, you got the wrong number. This is 9-1... 2.
My vegan recipes blog

Annwyn

the morning after...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2004, 11:29:30 PM »
i now correct the title of my thread to "The Mourning After."
Truly this has been a very heavy loss, and I feel such a heavy sense of  grieving around me.  Just as with a death, everyone is trying to imagine how the dems/liberals/progressives are going to pick up the pieces after such a loss.  

but indeed lets not forget thta we have come a long way since 4 years ago and consciousness will expand even further in the next four years.  I mean, I remember talking aobout Halliburton after 9/11 only to receive blank stares.  Now awareness about this and many other GOP "elements" has been raised.  

sigh.  nothing else to say except that i am not only saddened but also simply incredulous in the face of it all.

Timarimba

the morning after
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2004, 01:16:54 PM »
I must've talked to about 10 people that all said they had dreams about the election last night.  I myself didn't, but maybe that's because I probably didn't get any sleep.

Offline cabanird

• Senator
    • Handmade Items
BRING IT ON
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2004, 08:30:19 PM »
been a lurker for the past few weeks.... but here it goes....

to George W. Bush:
BRING IT ON!
I'm gonna call you on all your bullsh** that you have been feeding us these past 4 years. Myself and my clients are going to make your life miserable for the next 4.  Do you know how excrutiating it is to be working in a GED program for kids who dropped out of high school b/c your schools have failed them? Do you know how excrutiating it is to hear a first time voting student tell me that voting yesterday was a waste of their time b/c your corrupt administration won? Do you know how much it sickens me to hear from a student that they are fearful of being sent into this war and at the same time furious knowing that you never served?! There will be no 'unity'.  There will be people fighting for what they believe in: what is right, something that your administration knows NOTHING about. BRING IT ON GEORGE!
"the sun will rise in Queens and I will Shine..." The Exit

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life