relax

Author Topic: Looking for something fun to do? Roller derby this Saturday!!  (Read 1379 times)

GothamGirlsRollerDerby

Bronx vs. Manhattan this Saturday! Come see some of your fellow Astorian ladies kick some booty! (yeah, yeah, we know that they should be playing on the Queens team, but hey, most of the Yankees don't even live in New York in the off-season, right?)

BRONX VS. MANHATTAN!
Saturday, July 26th, 2008 at Hunter College

SHIVS OR SKIDS?
Bronx Gridlock cabbies battle the inmates on the Manhattan Mayhem on Saturday, 7/26 at Hunter College Sportsplex at Lexington Avenue and 68th Street, Manhattan.

The Bronx Gridlock started the season strong with a 126-53 victory over the Brooklyn Bombshells. The ladies in checkers will be looking to keep the pedal to the metal to make roadkill of the rest of the league.

The Manhattan Mayhem will try to shake off their season opening 152-71 loss to the Queens of Pain on May 10th, and they have a plan to put a wrench in the Gridlock's plans for a second undefeated season. Mayhem, which boasts eight rookies on its roster of 13, brings an infectious level of enthusiasm to the track. Gotham fans should not forget that the reigning champion Gridlock girls debuted in 2006 as a team composed almost entirely of rookies - and after a rough start, the team quickly gelled to string together an undefeated 2007 campaign.

Get in on the action early and take advantage of the advance ticket discount online at www.gothamgirlsrollerderby.com or through www.brownpapertickets.com. Don't miss the best season of flat-track roller derby action in New York City yet!

Saturday, July 26th
Bronx Gridlock vs. Manhattan Mayhem
Hunter College Sportsplex, Manhattan

B3 Gym - West Building Basement
Lexington Ave. & 68th St. (6 to 68th St. or F to Lex & 63rd St.)
Doors: 6:30pm / Whistle: 8:30pm
*Please arrive early! Metal Detectors will be in use, and the lines can get long! Alcohol prohibited.
General Admission: $19.75 in advance, $23 at door
VIP: $29.75 (adv. only - incl. reserved front row seat, goodies, + more!) www.gothamgirlsrollerderby.com/merch or www.brownpapertickets.com.
More info available on the GGRD Hotline: (888) 830-2253

After the games, join us at Manitoba's (99 Ave. B near 7th Street in Manhattan) to toast victory or drown defeat with your favorite derby darlings. More info at manitobas.com.
PLUS! Don't miss the rest of the exciting 2008 season action!

Offline stickb0y7

• Citizen
    • My Flickr Photostream
Re: Looking for something fun to do? Roller derby this Saturday!!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 09:15:23 PM »
I moved here from Tucson, AZ and I'm a HUGE fan of TRD and the Furious Truckstop Waitresses!  I hear there's some Tucson transplants playing in NYC now, in particular Fisti Cuffs, my all time favorite.  I really miss the rollerderby bouts at bladeworld, and especially miss the price ($10 at the door, instead of $23!)

I won't make the bout this weekend, but will definitely catch one sometime.  Say "hi" to Fisti from Tucson!

Anyone who hasn't been to women's flat track derby should make an effort to see at least one game in their lives, it's a good time!

GothamGirlsRollerDerby

Re: Looking for something fun to do? Roller derby this Saturday!!
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 11:02:23 PM »
Yes, the amazing Fisti Cuffs is a member of the Manhattan Mayhem and Hard Anya is a Brooklyn Bombshell. Both transferred into the Gotham Girls last year. Yes, our prices are a little higher than a lot of other derby leagues, but hey, it's the cost of living in NYC! ;)

Besides, where else can you get this much entertainment for a mere $23? Come early and play roller derby bingo for fabulous prizes and compete in the halftime air guitar contest for even more fabulous prizes!

The Gotham Girls All-Stars were just ranked the #2 flat track derby team in the COUNTRY and #1 in the East! This is some of the BEST, hard-hitting, fastest on-skates action you will see anywhere! And hey, it's pretty, strong, athletic, and tough girls beating the snot out of each other on skates. What's not to love about that? Come and see why the Gotham Girls has the rest of the roller derby world shaking in their skate boots!

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life