relax

Author Topic: Texas Hold Em in Astoria  (Read 4666 times)

Offline liman73

• Activist
  • Let's Go Mets! F-A-N... Da-Na-Na!
Texas Hold Em in Astoria
« on: July 21, 2008, 07:19:50 PM »
Hey I know there were threads on this before but they were very old so I started a new topic.

I am looking for either a bar or restaurant that holds Texas Hold Em Tournaments (Winners get bar tabs or prizes, thats fine, doesnt have to be for cash), or simply anyone who holds open cash games at an apartment or house. I am not a pro level player or rich by any means, so I am mostly looking for 25 dollar buy ins and under, but just curious as to what type of poker is around here since I am fairly new to the area and love to play. Thanks guys.

-Andrew
"Trickling, it is a fair ball....gets by Buckner! Rounding third Knight! The Mets will win the ball game! They Win! They Win!"

Offline Zytos

• Citizen
Re: Texas Hold Em in Astoria
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 02:04:45 PM »
Hey I know there were threads on this before but they were very old so I started a new topic.

I am looking for either a bar or restaurant that holds Texas Hold Em Tournaments (Winners get bar tabs or prizes, thats fine, doesnt have to be for cash), or simply anyone who holds open cash games at an apartment or house. I am not a pro level player or rich by any means, so I am mostly looking for 25 dollar buy ins and under, but just curious as to what type of poker is around here since I am fairly new to the area and love to play. Thanks guys.

-Andrew

Mmm sounds fun.

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 02:25:04 PM »
I'm putting together a small friendly home poker/cigar/beer night, most likely on Thursday nights.

It'll be tournament style (you buy-in for a set $ amount and receive 1500 to 2500 in chips).

It's going to start as pretty low buy-ins ($10) as several of the players have never even played poker before. The first time we play it will definitely be slow with a lot of explaining going on. So we're looking for more laid back/inexperienced players.

Anyone who's interested can PM me your email address.

Space is limited so I make no promises.

Warning: Any women who smoke cigars, drink and play poker should be warned there will probably be multiple marriage proposals.

Offline Frappe

• Senator
  • Life is Easy.
    • The Chocolate Dog
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 02:48:30 PM »
I was interested in hosting one until my landlord decided to run for Yellow Bastard of the Year Award (YBYA's).  My new place is not conducive to hosting, but I am down for playing.  I'm PM my e-mail addy.

Molwv Labe

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 03:42:27 PM »
Correction: No smoking in the apartment. Cigars to be enjoyed after poker at the beer garden.

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 01:28:20 PM »
sunday nights at the quay's @10:00 pm @ 20.00 buy in
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline reyrodrigues

• Tourist
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 10:52:10 PM »
sunday nights at the quay's @10:00 pm @ 20.00 buy in

Is it open for everyone?

I'm new to the neighborhood and I'd really like to play some poker...

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 11:10:33 PM »
yup
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline reyrodrigues

• Tourist
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 11:12:47 PM »
Awesome...

I'll be there tomorrow

Offline liman73

• Activist
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2008, 02:23:18 PM »
This is interesting me... Let me know how it went if you went to Quay's on Sunday. If I hear good things I will be there soon.

PS- Stupid question: How do you start your post with the blue box that has the post you are replying about?
"Trickling, it is a fair ball....gets by Buckner! Rounding third Knight! The Mets will win the ball game! They Win! They Win!"

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2008, 02:27:52 PM »
Stupid question: How do you start your post with the blue box that has the post you are replying about?
Click the link in the upper right corner of the post you wish to quote. BTW, it says QUOTE!
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! â€”Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline liman73

• Activist
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2008, 03:33:22 PM »
Click the link in the upper right corner of the post you wish to quote. BTW, it says QUOTE!

HAHAHA, Thanks!

EthanM

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2008, 02:19:37 PM »
Is the Quays thing still going? Also is there any pressure to buy anythiing at the bar and where is it?

Offline Mer

• Mayor
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008, 04:21:42 PM »
I'm interested in some poker.  Is anyone interested in getting a game together at the Beer Garden or some other accommodating bar/restaurant?

Offline alexg

• Tourist
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2008, 08:35:12 PM »
Qays  game takes place sometimes .I saw  guys there last night
I would be down for Beer Garden Poker night , should i  start a new  posting ???

ubergrad

« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 12:49:34 PM »
I'm interested in some poker.  Is anyone interested in getting a game together at the Beer Garden or some other accommodating bar/restaurant?

Hey all, I just moved to the area and would love to get in on a game....Did a regular thursday game ever get started (re. the original post)?  Is anyone interested in throwing together a game tonight??

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life