relax

Author Topic: I need some girls for my pool team on Monday nights!  (Read 1212 times)

smithish

I need some girls for my pool team on Monday nights!
« on: May 28, 2008, 12:59:17 PM »
We start on Monday June 2nd at 7pm- a great way to learn how to play as well as improve your existing skills.
It's 15 weeks long and costs about $16 per week.  This is a FUN coed league so no bad sports, please.
If you just want to check it out, stop by Break Billiards @32-04 Broadway next Monday and I'll be happy to tell you all about it.
Let me know if you are interested!!

Offline Jiggs

• Council Member
Re: I need some girls for my pool team on Monday nights!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2008, 01:38:24 PM »
My cousin plays on that league.   I think you left out the benefit of being able to play for free all week long, any day, if you are league member.  Or did they stop that?   It's 8-ball and 9-ball league, right?

Offline Mer

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2008, 03:03:00 PM »
Do you guys always play at Break Billiards.  And is it $16 each week you play or the total (15 weeks x $16) amount upfront?

I may be interested.  It's near my apartment and I'm not too bad.  I have a friend who's been playing in a Manhattan league for a few years.  She gave me a few handy tips that's helped my game a lot, but I'm afraid I'm a bit rusty right now.

smithish

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2008, 03:49:49 PM »
to answer both...
i believe with the APA membership ($20/yr) you can play free at certain times of the day.

no worries about being rusty, this is a surefire way to get your stroke back. 
This is really a learning league, I don't want "great" players, they usually create drama.

In terms of the cost, we like the "team" to act as a team, so if you are absent more than you are able to come, the team will have to pay more which is unfair. 
Stop by on Monday and I'll be happy to break it all down.  I promise I won't make you join if you're not really into it :-)

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life