relax

Author Topic: Slowest Day on the Board EVER  (Read 8626 times)

Offline paratactical

• Governor
Re: Slowest Day on the Board EVER
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2008, 10:34:29 AM »
Why is ice cream cake being left out of this conversation?

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2008, 10:38:42 AM »

You mean, like my favorite of all, Mr. Fudgy the whale?

MMMMMMmmm.....

Offline firelight79

• Running for Governor
    • Fan Firelight Jewelry & Designs on Facebook!
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2008, 10:42:50 AM »
what about pie-cake or cake-pie. I merged them once for a baking contest and it acutally came out pretty good. the sheer caloric volume prevents me from making it again. Mostly because I'll eat it.  :evil:

Graham Cracker/Shortbread crust with pudding pie filling. Let that bad boy set in the fridge.
Bake an angel food cake in a 9inch round cake pan. Once cooled slice it in half so that it's still 9inches, just not as thick. Place that on top of your set pudding pie and then add frosting and curled pieces of chocolate.

Proceed to devour about 1000 calories.

Holy god, I think I want one.

Offline goldfish boy

• Governor
  • These cookie-shaped objects taste like cookies!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:49 PM »

As long as some people pass off ice-cream-in-the-shape-of-a-cake as ice cream cake, it should and will be kept out of the conversation.  Ice cream cake is one layer of cake, topped with one equal layer of ice cream.  Alternately, it can be that twisty thing that used to be popular but I haven't seen it since probably before you were born, but damn it was good.  Chocolate cake twisted around vanilla ice cream.  BTW, you were born a triped.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Offline NYCMacUser

• President
  • Bippidi Boppidi Boo!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2008, 12:37:40 PM »
Graham Cracker/Shortbread crust with pudding pie filling. Let that bad boy set in the fridge.
Bake an angel food cake in a 9inch round cake pan. Once cooled slice it in half so that it's still 9inches, just not as thick. Place that on top of your set pudding pie and then add frosting and curled pieces of chocolate.
If you make it . . . they will come.

Ice cream cake is one layer of cake, topped with one equal layer of ice cream. 
Not when I make it. I use a delicious pound cake sliced lengthwise into three equal layers. Top the first layer with macerated raspberries and softened chocolate ice cream; place on the second pound cake layer and top with 3 very thin sheets of melted dark chocolate and slightly softened raspberry sorbet; after placing on the third pound cake layer place the whole thing in the freezer for 1–2 hours; remove and cover the whole cake with fresh,  sweetened whipped cream and serve in thin slices immediately. And I am not, nor have I ever have been a tripod.
Women are like teabags.
We don't know our true strength
until we are in hot water! —Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Starwind51

• Governor
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2008, 05:09:38 PM »
Maybe it's a portal into an alternate universe, like a Woodrow Wilson dime.

I had to find out what you were talking about.
http://homepage.mac.com/cssfan/jackfinney/sep600130031_detail.htm

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life