relax

Author Topic: single and dating  (Read 4601 times)

Offline tommy48

• Resident
single and dating
« on: April 28, 2008, 06:33:26 PM »
i'm surprised that this topic ( single and dating ) has'nt done so well. the visitors on this subject started in late March and is fading fast . no new members have responded lately . i wonder if it's because of fear not meeting someone who is ''down to earth''. not knowing what to expect. then again don't people take chances on things that are senseless.  :-(

11105ASTNY

Re: single and dating
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 07:02:00 PM »
How about reposting and announce on multiple discussion groups to attract more traffic

Offline MFells

• Activist
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 09:07:04 AM »
let's start it back up. maybe plan another singles event- more of a mingle event though, rather than tables where your sitting next to the same people all night, and see how it goes. I'd be open to try another astoria singles event. I made some really nice friends at the last one, so even if there isnt a dating potential, its always great to make new friends.

11105ASTNY

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 11:00:24 AM »
Sounds like a good plan

Offline purplecurlygirl

• Council Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 08:43:05 PM »
Some of us are no longer single.... :wink:

11105ASTNY

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 09:52:06 PM »
Good for you, no one will be single forever unless that's their choice  :-P

Offline mridude

• Mayor
  • THIS is a one bedroom apartment in Astoria?
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 01:16:02 PM »
Good for you, no one will be single forever unless that's their choice  :-P

... yeah, I suppose. But tell that to the resident bell ringer in Notre-Dame.

Maybe a make-over ... lose those tights and stop pouring boiling oil over people who knock on your front door ... :roll:
Definition of a "Junior 1 Bedroom": A Studio Apt. cut in half!

11105ASTNY

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »
Has anyone actually connect from this site, if so I like to hear some successful stories or
any connection stories  :-)

CountingZestfully

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 03:15:38 PM »
11105ASTNY--

The singles boards on this site are relatively new, so I'm thinking that there has yet to be a lot of stories of people connecting via them. Also, my logic may be faulty here, but if people made a serious connection, would they still be reading the singles boards and see your request? It's debatable. You seem to be very concerned with the experiences of others on here. I think that if you put the same energy into creating your own positive experience with this site (or others), you might be more successful in your dating goals.

Just a thought.  :-)

11105ASTNY

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 04:00:35 PM »
Not sure what your referring to but everyone has some kind of successful stories with dating.
I simply want to hear stories about local people who connect from this site.  I hear stories about
people who connect from CL but they are not want I want to hear. I preferably like to connect with people
offline.

Offline newastorian35

• Council Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 06:00:30 PM »
Not sure what your referring to but everyone has some kind of successful stories with dating.
I simply want to hear stories about local people who connect from this site.  I hear stories about
people who connect from CL but they are not want I want to hear. I preferably like to connect with people
offline.

If you want to meet "date-able" people in Astoria, your best bet would probably be to go out and do things you love and NOT look.  You never know who you'll meet when you're out there enjoying yourself.  You'll come into contact with people who have the same interests as you do.  There is a website called meetup.co m and I know they have groups that get together for just about any interest you could have.  I've never tried it myself, but it seems like a really cool idea.

11105ASTNY

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2008, 09:25:44 PM »
very well put, when we look for love. The only thing we find is a major headache, this is why I believe in the natural way of meeting people.

11105ASTNY

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2008, 10:51:27 PM »
[Duplicate posting, removed by moderator to comply with board policy]  - Daisy (Moderator)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 09:17:07 AM by daisy »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life