relax

Author Topic: Bowling Leagues?  (Read 1686 times)

Offline liman73

• Activist
  • Let's Go Mets! F-A-N... Da-Na-Na!
Bowling Leagues?
« on: April 15, 2008, 04:53:04 PM »
I just moved to Astoria and me and my buddies are DYING to start a bowling team. Where is the best spot in the Ditmars area to join a league? Is that Maric Lanes my best bet?

Anyone who is in a bowling league should comment, I'd love to hear your input.

-Andrew
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:29:53 PM by mcdirk »
"Trickling, it is a fair ball....gets by Buckner! Rounding third Knight! The Mets will win the ball game! They Win! They Win!"

Offline liman73

• Activist
Re: Bowliong Leagues?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 04:53:51 PM »
By the way, I am well aware that I made a terrible typo in the topic name by calling bowling "Bowliong," so I apologize for that.
"Trickling, it is a fair ball....gets by Buckner! Rounding third Knight! The Mets will win the ball game! They Win! They Win!"

Offline duska3419

• Mayor
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
I know that 34th ave lanes in Jackson Heights has tons of leagues!

Its across the street from the pool hall on 34th ave, between 69th st and 70th st I believe. Not in ditmars but, not too far off

jackrum

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »
Hey if you find out about a league at Maric Lanes please post about it here. I am curious myself and don't feel like going to Jackson Heights.

Offline liman73

• Activist
Re: Bowling Leagues?
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 05:00:06 PM »
Will do my man

jefferson

Re: Bowling Leagues?
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 04:46:56 PM »
Hey, I've also been jonesing for some bowling league action since I moved here from Oregon about a year and a half ago.  I've been out to Maric lanes, which is an OK alley... not awesome, but it works. 

They definitely have leagues out there and supposedly there's one starting up in June.  I finally found 1 or 2 people that were cool enough to want to join a bowling league with me so I left my contact info with the guy at Maric and they are supposed to call me when they are getting it organized.

Do you have a 4 person team already assembled?  We might need an extra "Dude" who likes to throw rocks and drink white russians...

Jeff

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life