relax

Author Topic: Body Of War  (Read 7740 times)

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
  • Real Peace Comes After The Battle Is Won
Re: Body Of War
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2008, 01:27:40 AM »
Oh, is it a fact? Would you care to prove said "fact"?
Thank you for telling us about the conspiracy behind the ill intentions of this film and every anti-war film. I agree that anyone who is against the war hates the troops. Most likely, they are undercover terrorists, like most of hollywood and the left.
You have yet again shown us the light!

Hey everyone, if you speak out against the war for any reason, you might as well be in bed with Osama bin laden. If you're Muslim, you're probably a terrorist. I'm spreading the good word, buddy :mrgreen:

That's  not what I said, and you know it. Thank you for pointing out how open  the so-called  'anti-war' side  is to seeing reality.
http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2008, 01:30:52 AM »
That's  not what I said, and you know it. Thank you for pointing out how open  the so-called  'anti-war' side  is to seeing reality.

The  films coming  from Hollywierd,  have all shown them as dummies or murderers, it's  a fact.

The Body Of War Film  is not well-intentioned and neither have been virtually all of these films.

Yep, I am against the war, and I made all these quotes up. Reality is for suckers.

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2008, 01:34:02 AM »
I love it, I ask you to prove a claimed "fact", and the only thing respond with is, "these people against the war don't want to see the truth"

:mrgreen:

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2008, 01:37:07 AM »
I love it, I ask you to prove a claimed "fact", and the only thing respond with is, "these people against the war don't want to see the truth"

:mrgreen:

You've asked nothing, only pieced  together  quotes  from several posts. The movies coming from Hollywood about this conflict have been negative, showing soldiers as murderers or dummies. It's  a fact, even the Daily News see's  it.

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2008, 01:40:57 AM »
You've asked nothing, only pieced  together  quotes  from several posts.
Oh, is it a fact? Would you care to prove said "fact"?

It's  a fact, even the Daily News see's  it.
The Daily News  recently  commented in an editorial about how there is not ONE movie  that has shown the war effort, in Afghan or Iraq, in a positive  light.
An Editorial from the paper is a fact?
I guess the all the Times Editorials must be all facts then too eh?

This is getting too easy... 8-)

Oh, and OP: http://www.bodyofwar.com/

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 01:41:33 AM »

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0050825/

there's fiction and then there is fact

That's  a good movie, reminds  me of  Breaker Morant. It is  telling that today  the ACLU  forced  the Pentagon to release  'abuse'  through 'face-slapping'  of Afghan prisoners, this  has led to many unfounded  charges. So much for  'supporting' the Afghan part of the conflict.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2008, 01:44:38 AM »
An Editorial from the paper is a fact?
I guess the all the Times Editorials must be all facts then too eh?

This is getting too easy... 8-)

Oh, and OP: http://www.bodyofwar.com/

Some things  are facts, some are not, like not facing the reality of  an enemy and thinking movies  showing your side  as injured and losing morale  have no effect on the enemy. Evey movie  about this  war  is negative, not one, even in Afghanistan supporting the effort.

http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/

Offline neo11

• Mayor
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 12:39:20 AM »
Here is some more reality:

Sole surviving son denied health benefits post-Iraq

FRESNO, Calif. - Forced to leave the combat zone after his two brothers died in the Iraq war, Army Spc. Jason Hubbard faced another battle once he returned home: The military cut off his family's health care, stopped his G.I. educational subsidies and wanted him to repay his sign-up bonus.

It wasn't until Hubbard petitioned his local congressman that he was able to restore some of his benefits.

Full article: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080416/ap_on_re_us/brothers_in_arms;_ylt=ApPrRGgDJJElDs3RtR9D60FH2ocA

Offline AlexNYC

• Senator
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2008, 07:59:04 AM »
A big part of the problem of our returning troops getting the proper care has less to do with beauracracy and more to do with the with the current administrations and the pentagon's MO turn out the injured ASAP from the VA hospitals, this is for both physical and emotional problems. Alot of the troops who require extended therapy and treatment are realeased from hospitals before they should be, and as a result cannot take care of themselves.

Offline FZ

• Running for Senate
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2008, 01:33:13 PM »
A big part of the problem of our returning troops getting the proper care has less to do with beauracracy and more to do with the with the current administrations and the pentagon's MO turn out the injured ASAP from the VA hospitals, this is for both physical and emotional problems. Alot of the troops who require extended therapy and treatment are realeased from hospitals before they should be, and as a result cannot take care of themselves.

No, the problem is  the Military  was not prepared  for war, after nearly a decade of cuts  at the VA, during the 1990's. Also, many  vets, refuse  treatment, due to many factors, including pride  and  seeing care for  'unseen'  wounds  as being 'weak.' Many are sent for care and  refuse it. As a matter of fact, all returning combat vets  have some form of  'post-traumatic'  stress, in every war.

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2008, 03:47:25 PM »
Some things  are facts, some are not, like not facing the reality of  an enemy and thinking movies  showing your side  as injured and losing morale  have no effect on the enemy. Evey movie  about this  war  is negative, not one, even in Afghanistan supporting the effort.

Actually, these movies are being shown to illustrate the horrors of war, thereby making people think about the true consequences and fallout of sending their honorable defenders out to war.
There is enough pro-war fiction coming out of the government, so I think the great number of anti-war films balance it out. The difference is that the government controls the information it puts out, but anyone is free to make a film.

Of course movies about war are negative, there is nothing glorious or romantic about the act of war. It's a terrible, vile and sad thing that should be a last resort when all other options have been exhausted. That is the reality YOU need to face.

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2008, 03:54:55 PM »
There is enough pro-war fiction coming out of the government,
can you cite the so called pro-war fiction ?
Actually, these movies are being shown to illustrate the horrors of war, thereby making people think about the true consequences and fallout of sending their honorable defenders out to war

but many of these movies do not show "honorable defenders"
. That is the reality YOU need to face.
reality is different to many people.that is the reality YOU have to face
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 04:02:36 PM by odenhal »
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2008, 04:22:35 PM »
can you cite the so called pro-war fiction ?
The entire premise of the war- Weapons of Mass Destruction, and "Imminent Threat" that was largely emphasized by the Administration, which turned out to be completely wrong.

but many of these movies do not show "honorable defenders"
So you don't think the OP film about how someone fought and got paralyzed for his country portrays soldiers as honorable? Even "Stoploss", as Hollywood as it is, rests on the premise that it is the government mistreating the soldiers, not the soldiers being villified.

reality is different to many people.that is the reality YOU have to face
Barring a wierd metaphysical tangeant, reality, in this case, requires verifiable proof to back up your statements. That is what I asked of him, and just got a bunch of "you people don't see the truth" rambling accusations.

Offline odenhal

• Mayor
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2008, 04:42:11 PM »
The entire premise of the war- Weapons of Mass Destruction, and "Imminent Threat" that was largely emphasized by the Administration, which turned out to be completely wrong.
quite true...but being an ex soldier and having delt with military intelegence( i roll my eyes when i say that)the reports where thought to be credible at the time( of course the bush adminisration skeewed it to there advantage) and Sadaam played his part in the game too.
So you don't think the OP film about how someone fought and got paralyzed for his country portrays soldiers as honorable? Even "Stoploss", as Hollywood as it is, rests on the premise that it is the government mistreating the soldiers, not the soldiers being villified. 
as i said "many of these movies" not all .......there is a difference
Barring a wierd metaphysical tangeant, reality, in this case, requires verifiable proof to back up your statements. That is what I asked of him, and just got a bunch of "you people don't see the truth" rambling accusations.
reality is different to everyone ,your reality is not FZ's reality is not my reality

but FZ's post do not seem to get as mean spirited as those posting against him
you can not deny this gorgeosness, you can only hope to handle it

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2008, 04:54:24 PM »
reality is different to everyone ,your reality is not FZ's reality is not my reality

but FZ's post do not seem to get as mean spirited as those posting against him
But that's the point I'm trying to make, if we're talking in terms of stating "hey this is reality because this is a fact", that's fine, prove it.
I think that implying that people who have a left-leaning political views are terrorist supporters and/or hate the American soldiers is pretty mean-spirited.

as i said "many of these movies" not all .......there is a difference
Agreed. I mis-responded.
My original response on this matter was in response to something stating that these movies portray the soldiers as Murderers and dummies. I still don't think there are any I know of that make the soldiers out as the bad guys. I feel like if anything, those films are portraying the government as the ones mishandling the soldiers, and the soldiers are portrayed as victims and heroes.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2008, 05:03:17 PM by casicua »

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life