relax

Poll

Do you care if a ZogSport representative talks to guests about their activities at the mixer?

Yes
15 (50%)
No
15 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Author Topic: Singles Mixer on Wednesday, April 23rd  (Read 23313 times)

Offline Astoria Luv

• Global Moderator
  • Governor
Singles Mixer on Wednesday, April 23rd
« on: April 06, 2008, 02:50:54 PM »
Simply add your name to the list.  If we get about twenty or so interested singles by the middle of the week, we can start making definite plans. 

What: Singles Mixer
Where: Indigo Bar, @ 28-50 31st Street, Astoria (Just a recommendation, if someone knows of another spot, let us know.  We should have something definite, though, by the middle of this week so we can contact the management.  Hopefully, it won't be reserved already)
When: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 @ 7:00 PM

Astoria Luv
Daisy (maybe, if she can make it to two events on the same night)
goldfish

Offline enigmacat

• Governor
  • I am not a minion of evil. I am upper management.
Re: Singles Mixer on Wednesday, April 23rd
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 05:24:56 PM »
Astoria Luv
goldfish
enigmacat

Handyman

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 06:46:22 PM »
Heck, I'll go, it's stumbling distance from my apt.      NOT wearing a name-tag tho, so nobody better get that idea.  8-)

Crap, I probably shouldn't have said anything.   :|

Astoria Luv
goldfish
enigmacat
Handyman

Offline katlu

• Mayor
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2008, 07:22:05 PM »
So do you have to be absolutely single to go?  And do you have to be looking for a relationship to go?  I just want to keep meeting more fun Astorians.  I don't want to go and be booed and have peanuts thrown at me for having other intentions. 

Oh crap that was a waste of a post- I'm out of town on this night. Damn it, Janet!  I've been wanting to have a mid-week mixer and I'm always available during the week.  Oh well.  Have fun!

Offline casicua

• Senator
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2008, 07:58:14 PM »
So do you have to be absolutely single to go?  And do you have to be looking for a relationship to go?  I just want to keep meeting more fun Astorians.  I don't want to go and be booed and have peanuts thrown at me for having other intentions. 

I'm kind of in that category. I am not looking for a relationship at the moment, but all my lame-o friends are doing their couple things, and I just want to meet and hang out with some single friends. I'm getting tired of my couple friends doing the "Oh what a coincidence, we brought our other single lady friend with us, you guys will hit it off" fix-up bit.
Enough off-tangent from me :-o
If I would be welcome as just a single guy looking to make some more fun single friends in Astoria, then count me in! :mrgreen:
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:03:51 PM by casicua »

Offline angastoria

• Council Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2008, 11:29:58 PM »
Astoria Luv
goldfish
enigmacat
Handyman
angastoria
---i should be working, oh well---

Offline 60decibels

• Activist
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 12:48:05 AM »
I'm a maybe as well - Wednesday nights aren't usually good for me.

Offline cschoregge

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 11:01:51 AM »
Is it OK to bring other single friends that aren't a part of Astorians?

Offline Astoria Luv

• Global Moderator
  • Governor
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 11:24:35 AM »
Is it OK to bring other single friends that aren't a part of Astorians?

Yes, yes, yes!  I was going to suggest the same thing!

Does the group agree?

Also, since I am posting about the mixer, I would encourage single folks who aren't necessarily "looking" to come too.  Casicua had it correct when he mentioned that most of his friends  are in relationships and you start to feel a little left out, especially if they go out with other couples!  Personally, I'm happy with being single at this time and I really like my own group of friends, but it is always nice to hang out with people who are in the same demographic!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 11:39:37 AM by Astoria Luv »

Offline goldfish boy

• Governor
  • These cookie-shaped objects taste like cookies!
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2008, 11:33:30 AM »
I would encourage single folks who aren't necessarily "looking" to come too.

OK, then I'm a probably.  I want to make more friends who don't have couple obligations.  The way I'll be dressed will make it clear that I'm not looking to date anyone....
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” - Dr. Seuss

Offline cschoregge

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2008, 12:22:21 PM »
Astoria Luv
goldfish
enigmacat
Handyman
angastoria
cschoregge (+1)

Offline daisy

• President
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »
Yes, yes, yes!  I was going to suggest the same thing!

Does the group agree?

Also, since I am posting about the mixer, I would encourage single folks who aren't necessarily "looking" to come too.  Casicua had it correct when he mentioned that most of his friends  are in relationships and you start to feel a little left out, especially if they go out with other couples!  Personally, I'm happy with being single at this time and I really like my own group of friends, but it is always nice to hang out with people who are in the same demographic!

That's what's so tough about dating in nyc.  I run into a lot of casual daters.  After the third date, it's time to move on.  There are so many fish in the sea here, that it's almost as if no one wants to settle for one, when they could try them all.  That's what makes internet dating such a game.  Also everyone's so busy, they have no time to work on a relationship.  And that's fine for awhile, but it does get old.   I've been there, done that.  Is it such a bad word to actually want something serious?  Am I just in the wrong city?   I know I'm not alone, most of my single girlfriends have felt the same way.   It seems no one wants to date anyone exclusively for more than two months.  I'm not knocking anyone for their choices, don't get me wrong.  But dating is tough here for those who want something beyond the casual.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 12:46:19 PM by daisy »

haziemal

« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2008, 12:46:22 PM »
Count me in! Sounds like fun.

Astoria Luv
goldfish
enigmacat
Handyman
angastoria
cschoregge (+1)
haziemal

Offline angastoria

• Council Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2008, 12:58:02 PM »

That's what's so tough about dating in nyc.  I run into a lot of casual daters.  After the third date, it's time to move on.  There are so many fish in the sea here, that it's almost as if no one wants to settle for one, when they could try them all.  That's what makes internet dating such a game.  Also everyone's so busy, they have no time to work on a relationship.  And that's fine for awhile, but it does get old.   I've been there, done that.  Is it such a bad word to actually want something serious?  Am I just in the wrong city?   I know I'm not alone, most of my single girlfriends have felt the same way.   It seems no one wants to date anyone exclusively for more than two months.  I'm not knocking anyone for their choices, don't get me wrong.  But dating is tough here for those who want something beyond the casual.

Daisy I hear you. I feel like I'm in the same boat. I have been single for about 7 months now, and it seems no one is interested in anything serious!
---i should be working, oh well---

Offline paratactical

• Governor
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2008, 01:50:08 PM »

Daisy I hear you. I feel like I'm in the same boat. I have been single for about 7 months now, and it seems no one is interested in anything serious!

I'm definitely one of those "oh noes will runz from serious stuff". Ha ha. I might be able to make it, but I'll see.

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life