relax

Author Topic: Dating Stories  (Read 8360 times)

Offline mcdirk

• Global Moderator
  • President
Re: Dating Stories
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2008, 04:18:23 PM »
ouch - sounds like really really bad fashion sense.  Aside from bad judgment, was he at least cute?  (not that this would necessarily compensate).

Offline newastorian35

• Council Member
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2008, 12:50:39 PM »
I once had a guy tell me on a first date that he used to do steroids, and would do them again if they weren't so expensive. 

He also mentioned how awful his ex was and that he was kicked out the club where she hangs out after a big fight with her there and is not allowed back.

AAHH, I guess at least he was dumb enough to reveal these giant red flags on the first date, rather than get me interested and then reveal his jerky colors later on.  Oh, and he was so dumb that he continued to call me for over a month after that, even though I never answered!  My friends and I listened to his messages on speaker because they were so funny.

Offline Capibara

• Mayor
    • www.gretchenwagoner.com
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »
ouch - sounds like really really bad fashion sense.  Aside from bad judgment, was he at least cute?  (not that this would necessarily compensate).

Cute but not cute enough to get away with that shirt.

Offline julie1215

• Resident
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 02:50:46 AM »
This is a fun one: I met this guy at a restaurant at which I was working.   He asked me out, I accepted.  Now, understand, I am a big girl.  There is no hiding it.  This was not a blind date, he pursued me.  So  a couple of days after our date we were talking on the phone and he casually suggested that I should start taking the stairs in my building instead of the elevator.  He then tried to backpedal by saying how lucky I was that I will never wrinkle badly because I was "chubby." 

If I don't ask for your opinion, trust me, I don't want it.

Offline murph

• Activist
    • Kevin Murphy - IT Consultant
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 10:47:29 AM »
I had a guy show up to a dinner date in a wife beater that said "Who Farted".  seriously.

dammit! now i have to pick out a new outfit for Wednesday's singles mixer! ;)

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2008, 01:39:17 PM »
Since there seems to be a large number of bad date stories where the guy is at fault, I thought I'd tell you all a story about a terrible date I went on with this girl fairly attractive blond girl in her mid twenties.

In reality it was all going pretty well except for the fact that she seemed pretty intensely interested which was a little creepy. She kept asking me about my living situation. Turns out it was because she was currently still living with her ex-boyfriend and was looking for a new one to move in with.

Needless to say, once I found that out I quickly put an end to our date..............

...........so I could take her home and sleep with her.

And then ignored her phonecalls (she called for a _long_ time before taking the hint).

Oh, right. I guess that's why guys don't tell their bad date stories. If the girl has a serious flaw in their personality or in some way we don't find them dateable, we'll still sleep with them. And then _we're_ the bad guys. Hmm...

P.S. This was a couple years ago. I'm a changed man now, I promise! *whistles innocently*
« Last Edit: April 22, 2008, 01:52:18 PM by Drakr2000 »

JustDesserts

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2008, 02:03:19 PM »
Ugh. So many Wickhams and Willoughbys, Frank Churchills and Henry Crawfords ..... no wonder Ms Austen never married.   :roll:

Offline lizluv43

• Governor
    • Myspace page
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2008, 02:22:00 PM »
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO STRANGER!!!!
I am immature by choice, I found that being mature was quite dreary. That's why I come to Astorians.com where every hour is Happy Hour!

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2008, 02:29:39 PM »
Oh, I quite agree. Men are terrible. But women aren't exactly innocent either!

A lot of them are clingy and manipulative - and those are their nice qualities.

I think it boils down to finding someone who in general makes your life happier and whose garbage (there's always garbage) you can put up with. And then see if it works out. And when it inevitably doesn't you get out there and try again. Until you die.

Aren't relationships grand?

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2008, 02:32:11 PM »
HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOO STRANGER!!!!

Hahahahahaha........

I assume that's a joke!

Offline lizluv43

• Governor
    • Myspace page
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2008, 02:46:17 PM »
Drakr...

That's life.  You go to a car dealership and buy a car that looks and runs great but then a few months down the road it starts giving you trouble, here you thought you bought a car that was going to last you a few years.

Well it's like that with people too, the difference is that when we chose someone we're thinking very long term and it's a person not an object but just like the car sometimes it doesn't work that way.

It takes time, usually at first persons are too shy or simply don't trust to just simply let it all out and start allowing someone in but with time two people get to know each other more and the trust level grows and then you start seeing the flaws.  The problem is how it's handled later on, some people choose to see if they can deal with the flaws, some people think they can change the person (Wrong thing to do by the way) and others just get out quick.

As far as comments that men are this way and women are that way to me that has always been a bit prejudice.  It's the same as saying that all Hispanics are this way or all Greeks are that way, all Hebrews are like this.  It's just not right.  There are bad apples, period, and sometimes we pick a bad apple....

...oh well, that's how it goes but the good thing about this is that with each bad apple we learn a little more, we learn what we don't like and we even learn about ourselve a bit (what's our tolerance level, what is it that we thought we could put up with and can't) so it's really just a journey.

It's up to you on how you want to make that journey...  It can be a lot of fun if you also look at the good times and not just the bad.

Oh..the hello stranger was for justdesserts, she's an old timer and she hasn't been on  here for a long time.

I am immature by choice, I found that being mature was quite dreary. That's why I come to Astorians.com where every hour is Happy Hour!

Offline HI575857

• Activist
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2008, 04:03:01 PM »
Ok, and we now return you to your regularly scheduled bad date stories!

I bet hearing some bad date stories after the singles mixer tomorrow would be terribly great fun, but I think that would be in exceedingly poor taste to do.

Offline lizluv43

• Governor
    • Myspace page
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2008, 10:33:51 AM »
"...a couple weeks later I got a text message saying that he misses me"

Isn't it amazing how they always come back?

All I know is this...when you finally give up, throw your hands up in the air and say FORGET IT and reach the conclusion that your lifetime companion is going to be your cat and that you're not going to put your heart out on the line for anyone again because after so many bad dates and relationships you realize there's no one out there......

That's when it happens, I met the best man in the world that I think "How the hell did I survive all these years without him?" and he was in the same mode as me...had given up.

Horror dates?  I can write a book.
Horror relationships?  I can write another book.

I think we all can!!

Offline newastorian35

• Council Member
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »
"...a couple weeks later I got a text message saying that he misses me"

Isn't it amazing how they always come back?

All I know is this...when you finally give up, throw your hands up in the air and say FORGET IT and reach the conclusion that your lifetime companion is going to be your cat and that you're not going to put your heart out on the line for anyone again because after so many bad dates and relationships you realize there's no one out there......

That's when it happens, I met the best man in the world that I think "How the hell did I survive all these years without him?" and he was in the same mode as me...had given up.

Horror dates?  I can write a book.
Horror relationships?  I can write another book.

I think we all can!!

Thanks for giving the rest of us hope!

Offline Jtrane

• Governor
    • http://www.joshirvingjazz.com
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2008, 02:56:54 PM »
I went on a date once...  ONCE!

Trying is the first step to failure - Homer Simpson
www.joshirvingjazz.com
www.myspace.com/joshirving

Visit our sister site Jackson Heights Life